SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been on the forum for a few months, and thought id pop back in and see what is going on.

It has not changed at all, and only a handfull of new threads in months.

Why is this?
What is going on that the forum is just stagnant ?

We need to post more and get it more active again!
Get the racers, stunters and casual riders to get their posts and communities active

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Forums in general are. FB and reddit have taken over.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I don't know of any VB (or similar) forums that're anywhere near as active as they were a decade ago. Here, TT, ADV, etc.

·
Registered
816 Posts
If you think that's bad, nobody has called the dial-up BBS I run in 20 years.

Forums are the new dial-up BBS's. Say goodbye.

I mourn the loss of extensive, detailed back and forth discussions. They don't happen on facebook, twitter or instagram.

Not 100% true. I am on many forums. ALL very active except this one
I'm on MANY forums. The only 2 that are active are Ducati.ms and Ninjette.org.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I agree, I prefer forums to their replacements.

Some are worse than others, SMJ is particularly dead, but not many are very active.

VerticalScope certainly played a role in it too.

·
Registered
816 Posts
14 pages of spam. Yeah I guess even the moderators have left. Abandon ship. This forum is done.

Admin needs to do a query of moderators who have not visited this site at least once every 2-3 days, revoke their rights and get someone else to do their job.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
as did I. I then sent a PM to SYSTEM yesterday, as that's the admin that I've seen post.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It is the same old story on all the motorsport forums. It's a shame... I still don't understand why FB is taking over - it's a shitty medium for conversation. None of the stuff is very searchable, and literally one hour after a post goes up it disappears into space. I prefer to not be tied to my phone and force myself to use facebook for what I use the forums for... unfortunately the result is that I can't keep up. I'm still hopeful for this forum as it is still one of my favorite places to visit.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I got a reply from SYSTEM. I also PMd an admin on another VerticalScope forum. Got replies from both saying it's being taken care of.

It's still all there...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Here we go again. 10 more pages of spam.

Admins, Jesus F'n chrust do a F'n IP range ban. Ban the whole country these originate from. I'm sure it's some 3rd world shithole that has zero actual input on supermotos.

That's the problem with VerticalScope. They are so afraid of losing one precious advertising impression that they won't properly IP ban spammers. You NEVER see this problem happening at privately owned forums because they know how to properly deal with spammers.

·
6,598 Posts
Admin needs to do a query of moderators who have not visited this site at least once every 2-3 days, revoke their rights and get someone else to do their job.
no offense but all I'm reading is complaints, feel free to apply for the job.

Been with this board since april 2006, going on 13 years now... think I'm just about the only mod left that still checks in from time to time, but I don't visit nearly as frequently as I used to because of the decline this board has gone through. didnt get any notifications for those spam messages by the way and since I never visit the mini sections it never caught my eye.

software this board uses is a pain from a moderator standpoint because we are very limited in our options. I'm trying to find a way to delete all the spam messages from that one user in one go and I can't even do that...

people just have lost interest in this place. countless owner plus policy changes and mismanagement made that happen as did the change to other platforms like facebook. honestly I'm surprised they keep it up and running the way it is, figure it must still generate some revenue else they would have pulled the plug a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

Been with this board since april 2006, going on 13 years now... think I'm just about the only mod left that still checks in from time to time, but I don't visit nearly as frequently as I used to because of the decline this board has gone through. didnt get any notifications for those spam messages by the way and since I never visit the mini sections it never caught my eye.

software this board uses is a pain from a moderator standpoint because we are very limited in our options. I'm trying to find a way to delete all the spam messages from that one user in one go and I can't even do that...

people just have lost interest in this place. countless owner plus policy changes and mismanagement made that happen as did the change to other platforms like facebook. honestly I'm surprised they keep it up and running the way it is, figure it must still generate some revenue else they would have pulled the plug a long time ago.
the first time a bunch of us reported it and it lasted what, over a week?

·
Registered
816 Posts

As a moderator, you need to look at everything. Use the new posts link. I just did that and well there we have 20 more pages of spam. Answer some questions for us.

As a moderator, are you unable to do an IP ban? what about an IP range ban? Like 123.456.789.*.

What are the IP addresses of this current batch of problems? I'm curious of the country of origin.

When someone clicks on the "report post" button where does the notification go?

I'm happy to volunteer as a moderator for any forum I frequent, as long as the forum is privately owned. That rules out every forum owned by VerticalScope, a large for profit company. If they want people to work for them, they should pay them. I bet you'd visit the forum daily if you got a paycheck for it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts