SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 WR250F, that I've converted for SM. I still do a small bit of trail riding on it from time to time. But leaving it mostly set up for SM.

Fork and Shocks are still stock. I've already adjusted the suspension to what I feel is the best I can get on the tarmac, but still diving in the front to much when on the front brakes.

Should I just get a stiffer spring? And where is a site that I can find which stiffer spring to get for my weight. I'm 165-170 lbs rider.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Springs will help a bit but the problem is the valving. If you valve it for street it will be pretty harsh off road. Pick your compromise.

·
Registered
319 Posts
springs will probably help out and if you're in there getting a re-valve you might as well throw in springs if your sag suggests it. My bike is lowered an inch, re-valved, and sprung for supermoto and I've used my bike on motocross tracks before. I'd if you cant get sag set properly with the stock adjustments you'll need new springs and if you race its defenitly worth the money for a re-valve. racetech.com and mx-tech.com both have spring calculators as well as valving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Currently Johnny Lewis is running in your weight range and is on a YZ 250F. He is running with a revalve from RG3 and is happy. You will still be able to swap to mx and be fine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently Johnny Lewis is running in your weight range and is on a YZ 250F. He is running with a revalve from RG3 and is happy. You will still be able to swap to mx and be fine.

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but who does the revalving for RG3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts