SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is better? I am looking into building a cr 500 for the street eventually and I can't decide if I want to drop a 500 engine into a newer 450 frame or if I should just buy a steel framed one. I am kinda leaning toward the Af because of the newer suspension/looks, but I can't decide.
Can someone help me make my decision and tell me why Aluminum frames are better than the old steel ones?:headscrat

·
Registered
18 Posts
it all depends . if you get the correct aluminum its stronger then steel when concidering LBS and lighter IMO I believe its 6061 grade or something . or you could go cro moly .of corse you could make a steel frame thats stronger then aluminum but the lbs would be higher . but it also depends on the sort of cash you want to drop .. thats just based on metal terms not actual motorcycle frame terms

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't talking about making my own frame, although that would be interesting:hmmm:(if I was going to fab my own I would use TITANIUM:hammer::lol:)
I was thinking about using a new aluminum honda frame or a stock steely one from the 500.
I will consider a custom frame though:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts