SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a million of these threads, sorry.

I have most parts needed, I think I just need the regulator and the stator itself. What size do I get, 70w, 90w, 100w? I need it cheap where do you guys get yours?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Probably a million of these threads, sorry.

I have most parts needed, I think I just need the regulator and the stator itself. What size do I get, 70w, 90w, 100w? I need it cheap where do you guys get yours?

http://www.trailtech.net/electrical_systems_honda.html

The highest you can get if you plan on installing any kind of REAL lighting or battery. most lights use 35-55w per light. most sumo lights are 35w each and if wired for both on thats all 70w unfortunatly you only have 70w in the upper RPM band as thats not produced at idle. As well as the lose in wattage if using a reg/rec for DC power, unless AC power only then the regulator will work giving you an extra 10-15w power from not doing th DC conversion but yo0u wont be able to run any DC only systems like HID or a battery.

From their site id get the heavier weighted highpower magnet flywheel and reg/rec setup and go with a bi-xenon HID 35w 4000-5200k light conversion.

another thing to look into on the cheap is if you can rewind your stock stator as thats 20$ in wire and 5-10$ in sealant. i did my XR650R that way for a full 200w but thats a different stator setup than the CRF's

z

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
did it myself. its just wire wrapped around the poles in alternating directions, not black magic. you can see it in my build thread.

z

1 - 4 of 4 Posts