SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.iam moving to west palm beach next year from rainy ireland and wanted to know if there is a supermoto series going in florida and if there is any practice tracks near by.ive raced supermoto here for nearly 6 years and just have to get myself a bike as soon as i get out there.can any1 tell me the entry fees and general cost of racing over there.over here it would cost around £180/$340 a race meeting:eek::eek::eek:what bikes do most people race over there and how much $$$$$$$$ do they cost

·
Registered
85 Posts
moroso is in west palm 10 min from u .but its no more then 250cc $48 a day..., and miami supermoto 1 hr from u is $35 a day no limit on cc ...and no dirt in any off the 2..if you need more its all 6-to-10 hr from u...see u soon

·
4,852 Posts
Check out http://www.semra.org/ . We race all over the Southeast and are primarily a mini organization. We have a few races in Florida every year with possibly more next year. We will be racing in Moroso in October. Love to have you join us. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
moroso is in west palm 10 min from u .but its no more then 250cc $48 a day..., and miami supermoto 1 hr from u is $35 a day no limit on cc ...and no dirt in any off the 2..if you need more its all 6-to-10 hr from u...see u soon
its prob best to run a 250 then i could run at both tracks close by.is there no race series as such with a championship or will i have to travel far out to get that.ive just got used to racing a 650 husaberg steping down to the 250 will be strange:D:D:D
thanks for the help

·
Registered
85 Posts
650 to a 25o...mmm not to fun...lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, Ireland to S. Florida. It'll take you a while to get acclimated to the heat. What part of Ireland are you in? I've done some business in Dublin, Tullamore and Limerick. Awesome place to visit. A buddy of mine lives in Howth, near the Summit. Keeps a helicopter in his front yard. Always an adventure of some sort when I visit. Hope we can show you the same hospitality the Irish show me when I visit!

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also new to Southern FLorida and looking for motard events....was able to ride Miamigp track last Sunday...was great time. They ride Saturday nights so I'm hoping this becomes weekly practice!

Looking for other areas to ride as well if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
its prob best to run a 250 then i could run at both tracks close by.is there no race series as such with a championship or will i have to travel far out to get that.ive just got used to racing a 650 husaberg steping down to the 250 will be strange:D:D:D
thanks for the help
We are working on a Supermoto series later this year or early next year. In North Florida. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ugh.... Sorry to interupt.... I'm a new convert to SuperMoto from street bikes... Is there a series in North Florida? I just moved here from Southern California and I am going insane with all the flat, straight roads here.... Thanks - Robert

·
Registered
207 Posts
Starke, Fl. has a supermoto track @ $45 a day and Jennings, Fl. has a 2mile road course @$125 a day

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great! Thanks. I've actually been to Jennings a few times. Starke, Fl. looks closer. What's the name of the track?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Great! Thanks. I've actually been to Jennings a few times. Starke, Fl. looks closer. What's the name of the track?

Yeah starke is an ok track but REALLY short for a supermoto. Its best suited for the minis and no dirt section either. I see you've ridden at Jennings, that looks like T13 in your avatar. I was a control rider there for about a year. Jennings is a fun track for a road bike but honestly it kinda sucks on a motard. The best track around is by far Monticello and from what I hear they are adding a dirt section. For everyone bitching that there is no 70/30 supermoto in FL you need to go and post up on the N. FL series post in this forum and actually show up. We tried this a while back with Ocala and only about half the people that said they were coming came and Ocala said it wasn't worth what they were losing on karts to run a SM track day. Quit your bitching and complaining and get over to Monticello and show these guys what kind of interest we have in SM in Florida.

Also, if you are interested in just some asphalt and some absolutely great tracks and great people check out www.semra.org we do 8-10 races a year and have some AWESOME tracks of which Monticello is only one. We have some very beginner guys on up to some AMA guys that race with us but everyone is great. Check it out.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=62276&page=5

BTW, I was the one that filmed that SM youtube video :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What class do you suggest for SEMRA? I have a KTM 690 SMC, which is too big. I was going to pick up a used 450 or 525. Or.... Should I do the spec class? I'd prefer good hard racing before anything else (Displacement)... What classes are you running? Also, remember I'm a road guy making the swtch...

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
833 Posts
You're in the same boat I was in. If you want to do the SM's I would go for a 450. If you want to do the minis. The spec bike is BY FAR the cheapest and most fun way to learn your way around a mini and it really is some of the most exciting racing because all the bikes are identical. I started out in the spec class and did pretty well but I like to tinker with my bikes so for me it was hard to not do anything to the bike. I moved on to the F2 class which encompasses 65cc 2-strokes and 125cc four strokes. I am on a 125cc thumpstar and my son races on a KX65 for M&M racing. My daughter also races her 50cc four stroke in the kids class so you can see there is a class for anyone and everyone and with a roadrace background you'll fit right in with SEMRA. I know one of our tracks in SC was talking about adding a dirt section and Monticello is talking about it as well so there is the potential for some real 70/30 racing in the near future.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also... Where / how do I get my SEMRA license? I hate to show up and not be able to run...

·
Registered
833 Posts
if you go to www.SEMRA.org you cam buy a license there or you can buy one at the event. Check out SEMRA we have a forum there and everyone can answer all your questions. I post over there more then here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts