SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my (new to me) RMZ last night and I'm ready to tear it down and build it for my Nov 20 track day. After reading thru the numerous threads I found with search, I've figured I'd need 15/38 for my upcoming CMP track day (one the motard wheels get here..Thx J.R.)

Looks like a13x (don't I know you from SBN or CF?) is running a 16/38 combo but I'm a bit huskier and need some more grunt, so I figured after reading bernies quote:

14/47=tight track
14/44=with a few longish straights
15/41=mission raceway 1/4mile straights bike fully topped out running with 600cc open supersport bikes,,,,and keeping up!:thumbup:

CMP has 2 pretty long straights. I think I may be good.

My PROBLEM is, that I can't seem to find a good source for a chain/sprockets combo??!?!

I can find what I need all day for sportbikes, but I'm a loss for a starting point for SM?!?!!

Where do I go to get a good combo?

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
I think you may be a little too far with a 38 tooth. What sprockets do you have currently have to experiment with? I think Motostrano still has some RMZ sprockets on sale on the outlet site. www.motostrano.net

I have a 15/45 for my street gearing setup and 14/45 for track. But then again I havent had a lot of seat time with it to really figure out gearing

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sprockets do you have currently have to experiment with?
Stock :coffee:

I'm thinking I may get a 14, 15 & 16 front for now and a 42 rear with a chain to see what it takes at CMP to run without getting TOO blistered in the straights

Motostrano? Dang...shoulda added that yesterday when I picked up that rotor and bracket :anim_peep:

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
Stock :coffee:

I'm thinking I may get a 14, 15 & 16 front for now and a 42 rear with a chain to see what it takes at CMP to run without getting TOO blistered in the straights

Motostrano? Dang...shoulda added that yesterday when I picked up that rotor and bracket :anim_peep:
Yup.. Motostrano :lol: ALWAYS look at their outlet site and the twowheelsteals site (both have tabs at the top of Motostrano main page) before ya check out.. They get some good stuff in sometimes

Sounds like a decent gear selection to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts