SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: The clear plastic/rubber shielding on the outside of a stainless steel braided brake line is needed to keep the line sealed right? So if there was just the stainless steel braid showing, that would leak...right? Im having a damn time with my motomaster after flushing the fluid. I have a vacuum brake pump, and its just pulling tons of bubbles. And I probably pulled like half a bottle through the brake system already. And I replaced the crush washers etc, but I just noticed right next to the master (stock mc), a bit of the shielding is pulled back on the brake line, so I can see the stainless braiding.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
The outer lining is just to keep it protected from shafing/fraying. The braided line has an inner membrane to contain the fluid.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay i kinda got that after I thought about it some more. Stupid question.

I tried a different line and then a different MC. I guess my stock MC is bad. Hopefully it just needs a rebuild kit. I would hate to find out my motomaster caliper needs to be rebuilt, but it doesn't seem like it does since it is holding pressure with a TRX master.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts