SuperMoto Junkie banner

41 - 60 of 3150 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
the guy stuck in the back of the truck is indeed deceased. there was a large posting and debate for DAYS and DAYS about whether or not he died until his father posted on the website stating the facts and thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers. he then went on to request people be careful, etc. reports indicate the kid was speeding at over 100 MPH early in the AM when the semi trailer changed lanes in front of him. of course, the bike probably wasnt directly behind him when he looked, but was by the time he changed lanes. i could find the link, but i'm too lazy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Semi-noob doing squid research

I started my research on squids. Yes I have a Joe Rocket helmet and yea I do ride with Levis still, but then again I just got my bike a month ago. Gimme a break I'm learning the ways. I'm glad people in this forum think that those adheisive mohawks are LAME and safety is a #1 priority btw.

In my "squid" research I came upon this video. It's too good to be real. It had to be posted here before. Here it is again just in case. It cracked me up:lol::laughingr:clap::thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpR6iEBLksc&feature=related

·
Registered
381 Posts
I started my research on squids. Yes I have a Joe Rocket helmet and yea I do ride with Levis still, but then again I just got my bike a month ago. Gimme a break I'm learning the ways. I'm glad people in this forum think that those adheisive mohawks are LAME and safety is a #1 priority btw.

In my "squid" research I came upon this video. It's too good to be real. It had to be posted here before. Here it is again just in case. It cracked me up:lol::laughingr:clap::thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpR6iEBLksc&feature=related
HAHA! That guy was the definition of "squid" I can't believe how dumb he was WOW!:laughingr:laughingr

·
Registered
537 Posts
The cops were traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa, Oklahoma. They found this on the road.

Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles down the highway and were struck with the following image.

The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the impact, but it took him almost 4 miles down the road before he thought he'd better pull over and check out his rig.

Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that distance. Ouch!

Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the trailer of the Semi.

Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist was traveling at 120 mph when he ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding a motorcycle, Now for the rest of the story! THIS GUY SURVIVED.

Nope guy died....His buddy pulled a similar "stunt" a few weeks later and died too, this time ran into a truck t. Here are the two links: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070418_1_A10_hAPer17382

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070425_1_A11_hTwoy84735

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Squid alert! Saw one outside of Fredricksburg, VA a few minutes ago on a white Triumph, nothing but a helmet. We have 3 sumos in the truck. I sarcasticly gave the dude a thumbs up and a grin at a stoplight to egg him on. He managed a 50 foot clutch up wheelie at 9:30. He probably thinks that we thought he was cool! Lol!

Gerry

·
Registered
762 Posts
Squid alert! Saw one outside of Fredricksburg, VA a few minutes ago on a white Triumph, nothing but a helmet. We have 3 sumos in the truck. I sarcasticly gave the dude a thumbs up and a grin at a stoplight to egg him on. He managed a 50 foot clutch up wheelie at 9:30. He probably thinks that we thought he was cool! Lol!

Gerry
:lol: Mad skillz. What a scumbucket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do Harley riders have a Squid pass? I have never seen one in full riding gear. It would surprise me to see one with a full face helmet. Maybe their bikes are safer.

·
Registered
525 Posts
got up close to two of em today! :lol:

first one was when i went to chipotle with a girl to grab some lunch, saw a lanky guy with nothing but sneakers and really baggy pants/tshirt, and a slingpack (didnt even know those things still exist :rofl:) holding a "graffiti" scorpion helmet.

I was considering having a chat with him, but i wisely decided the girl was more important than trying to knock some sense into a squid.
saw him later on a black 600.

Second one was a double-find, drove up to mcdonalds after "celebrating" with a couple of friends, and I see two people getting off a silver cbr f4i. Turns out it was a weird-looking teenager (maybe 19 tops) and his girlfriend. They had helmets and loose-fitting joe rocket jackets, but no gloves.

too incompetent to actually approach him and ask about his bike, i just talked loudly with my friends about him, the f4i, and squids in general. He definitely heard us talking about him because he kept looking over to our table to see if we were looking at his cool jacket or whatever. Anyways, when the two were leaving he went out and rode around in circle a couple of times right in front of our window while his girlfriend just stood there. Definitely impressed us :rolleyes2:

On second thought, i should of totally ran outside and yelled "DO A WHEELIE! .. WHEELIE WHEELIE WHEELIE!!"

sorry for the long post :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
From KlockwOrcks: "On second thought, i should of totally ran outside and yelled "DO A WHEELIE! .. WHEELIE WHEELIE WHEELIE!!"

That is just mean to try to sabotage him in front of his GF. Yet i totally wish you had done it. Most of the squids around here just do them anyways without having to be told. But none up here have girl friends. Weird.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I had squid spotting two days ago.

I went to the post office on my Sumo and a guy on a R1 pulls in behind me. He is wearing a tank top, shorts, flip flops and Oakley shades.

As he walks by me and my Sumo, he says "Nice bike!" and through my helmet I say "Nice riding gear!"

The look on his face was classic. :rofl:

But then I might have been a squid to him, as I had all my upper gear, helmet, jacket, gloves, but was wearing my dress slacks and shoes. Hey what can I say, I was working that day....Im the best dressed Sumo rider on Guam! :D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
hahahaha i saw a dude yesterday on the freeway in a full lid. riding boots. and a leather jacket. but was wearing swim shorts....ha i laughed so hard.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
^ lol

Theres someone on a black sumo i saw weaving in and out of traffic. Got on the free way and off the next - he must have been in each lane at least 2-3x before he reached the very next exit - total distance traveled : about 1.5miles :lol: :headshake

·
Registered
188 Posts
Haha yes, what a scumbag :lol:

I don't really care what people wear as far as how much gear they have on.

These people can be found riding your average GSXR,R6,CBR,ZX 600/1000 and usually sporting shit gear like Joe Rocket/Icon "racing" jackets with all the patches and ugly designs. They are usually wearing an Icon,Rocket,Scorpion or HJC lid with horrible cheap flashy graphics all over them and sometimes apply the cherry on top with an adhesive mohawk.
you sure you dont ride a harley?

wow...

41 - 60 of 3150 Posts