SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 40 of 3150 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
he looks like one of the bunch that went flying by me on 35 near san marcos...all had the mohawks on their helmets and lane splitting. lame
SCUM of the earth.

I SPOTTED ONE ON MY HELMET CAM.:bannana:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqWtw4tML_Q
This is fucking awesome, I loved hearing the sound of that piece of garbage hit the ground. Lmao @ the commentary add in sound effects too.

What if you don't have an adhesive mohawk but have a real one under your helmet?:rolleyes2:
Different, although still not a fan ;)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
he looks like one of the bunch that went flying by me on 35 near san marcos...all had the mohawks on their helmets and lane splitting. lame
well dude it actually might have been him! I live in San Antonio and this was near UTSA.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The Great Street Squid

Taxonomy:
Via Architeuthis (The Great Street Squid)

Habitats:
Local bike shops, street corners, backroads (With no curves)

Coloring:
Bright, loud, obnoxious. Commonly the male of the species has multiple anodized bike parts that match the coloration of the rest of the bike. Colors may vary, but are generally offensive to the eye.

Locomotion:
Most often seen on a large bore bike with tires in poor condition. (In the center, the sides are most often unused.) Can be seen quickly accelerating in a straight line. This species seems to have great trouble with negotiating turns. Current theory seems to lean towards the possibility that the cognitive time/space abilities are not fully developed. Either that or a lack-o-skill. Tests are being done to fully explore the divergent theories.

Growth & Reproduction:
The growth of the male of the species seems to be arrested around the 12th year of life. This can be seen quite clearly when observing the critter in it's favorite habitat....a motorcycle speed shop. The obvious posturing and crowing are for the purposes of determining relative ranking within the pack. (Silimar to a wolf pack...only wolves don't squeak.)

Reproduction:
let's hope not.

Adaptations:
Customized flashy paintjobs on the vehicle of choice and helmet.
Race takeoff tires
The standard 'No Fear' decals to make said vehicle go faster. (Good for 10+mph)
No leather gear whatsoever
T-shirt & Shorts
Flip-Flops
Short lifespan

Feeding:
Fast food
High Octane gas

i had found a cool web page that i thought i shoulda posted up that said all that...it was a pretty funny page but this is all that i could find...
Very nice! :laughingr Add in "Most crowded local Starbucks" under habitats.

I've lost count how many times I've gotten out of my car, walked by the row of motorcycle to check out the shiney cbr600s and R1s (conveniently parked as close to the entrance as possible so you don't miss em), and start cracking up when I see the mile-wide strips.

The fun really starts when I walk in and see the whole group dressed in GP replica jackets and nike shox, sipping on their lattes. I cant look away. :coffee:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i had a dude on a gixxer come up to me at a stop light...he was wearing shorts and a t shirt...while i was in full gear...and he asked why i was wearing full leathers
Uhhhh cause having my skin ground off down to the bone over large portions of my body is sooooo uncomfortable.

Yeah dude, gear is so uncomfortable on a hot day .......

·
Registered
541 Posts
I spotted this squid on some driveway. No gear, no helmet, huge chicken strips on those tiny little tires and his feet down while trying to wheelie. I mean, really, who puts their feet down while doing a wheelie?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
took me a while to find this vid

One of the funniest things about nyc... Sport bike riders who never get to use tracks or even touch the highway. This was one of the funniest bike events i have been to. They were argued for about an hour about counter steering and drifting on sportbikes, and how supermotos are just dirtbikes with scooter tires..lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/stylwylee#p/u/17/4JyKHaa7yco

·
Registered
84 Posts
The cops were traveling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa, Oklahoma. They found this on the road.

Another patrol car stopped a truck some miles down the highway and were struck with the following image.

The Truck Driver said he thought he felt the impact, but it took him almost 4 miles down the road before he thought he'd better pull over and check out his rig.

Notice the driver has no shoes on from the impact or from being drug all that distance. Ouch!

Side view of Motorcycle Driver caught up in the trailer of the Semi.

Witnesses and State Police say the Motorcyclist was traveling at 120 mph when he ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

It pays to have a good quality helmet when riding a motorcycle, Now for the rest of the story! THIS GUY SURVIVED.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There's no pictures, but I'm assuming you're talking about the pictures with the guy whose head is stuck in the back door of a semi trailer? I've heard both stories, that he lived and that he died, and from my professional opinion from the pictures, I'd bet he's dead.

Edit: Yep you put them up. Some nice ankle deformity there!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
no way he lived. if he was alive he wouldnt be just dangling there....thats pretty gnarly...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah, no way this guy is alive. If the impact alone didn't kill him, he then strangled to death on the helmet strap. Pretty graphic image of what can happen out there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Wow, that is a gnarly way to go. Makes me cringe thinking the guy might have been alive while his feet were getting ground down on the road:headshake Yuck..

·
Registered
783 Posts
you can see the damage to his neck, he's dead for sure. Certainly not the first dead body i've seen on a vehicle accident, and this guy looks like one of em.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Door nail!

you can see the damage to his neck, he's dead for sure. Certainly not the first dead body i've seen on a vehicle accident, and this guy looks like one of em.
X2
This guy's a memory,:headshake
-the colour(pallor) of his skin is blue, obvious sign of cyanosis(blueness tinge to the skin, from poorly oxygenated blood)
-how about the fact that he's punched a hole thru the trailer door, at a possible 120 mph WITH HIS HEAD! Spinal trauma is a guarantee. Dead on impact, if not soon after
-My favorite...if this was anything less than a fatality, I doubt that paramedics would have stopped for picture time! In some states you might have a 1/2 hr or more wait for the coroner to pronounce the body.

This squid, is no more

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
if you look at the pictures in the link posted above...you can see his blood trail underneath him. dead for sure. this is why i like my single cylinder thumper. im only ganna go 70 tops.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
play GTA: lost and damned, a game full of squids (yes, extended swing-arm with chrome helmets)

21 - 40 of 3150 Posts