SuperMoto Junkie banner

3141 - 3150 of 3150 Posts

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
1. who are you to determine what "properly" is?

2. the fact that there is even a thread about what internet tough guys consider "necessary" riding gear is pathetic in and of itself.

3. who the F cares what someone else wears when they ride.

4. you aren't them so it doesn't really matter.
1. Was not my intention. I agree completely with your 3rd statement.
2. I wear gear for protection, not to look cool or whatever.
3. :thumbup:
4. Couldn't agree more.

The point of my statement was reflecting on the irony of calling someone who wears gear a poser or internet tough guy. My leathers are old and well scuffed from crashing on the street and track. I wear them for that reason only, I'd much rather be dressed in a T-shirt and jeans when it's 100F outside but I've been there/crashed that too and it fucking hurts when the ER nurse scrubs the dirt out of your road rash.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dead thread, shame as I was enjoying it.
Differing opinions on gear obviously, but in the UK 'gearing up properly' is to the same standard as the police I think. Armoured trousers ( leather, textile, draggin jeans ) jacket, lid, gloves and boots.

Don't see why you'd rather risk months of agony because your nuts got a bit sweaty at a traffic light instead of being able to ride again the next day... not at all saying thats why people SHOULD gear up, just it's why I gear up. So if I come off I can stand up and get back on, and sleep easy that night and go to work the next day!

Personally I don't ride with people who don't wear gear, if they come off ( low slide i mean, nothing will protect you from a tree ) I'd rather just call a recovery truck for their bike. Rather than an ambulance and then their wife/gf because their arms and legs now look like raw minced meat. Selfish or not, but I'd feel guilty if I was leading and made a mistake, causing the gearless rider to lose it under braking.

going on with the thread, if no one is 'allowed' to say that riding without gear is foolish, then no one can say that filtering at 100mph on the back wheel is foolish. All personal preference...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
if no one is 'allowed' to say that riding without gear is foolish, then no one can say that filtering at 100mph on the back wheel is foolish. All personal preference...
Keyboard commandos think they can tell other people what they are 'allowed' to say. F*ck that, you can say what you want, it's only teh interwebz after all.

Personally I completely agree with everything you said. If people choose to not protect themselves with gear however, that's their choice as well. I'm not going to talk shit to them but I'm not going to ride with them either.

·
Registered
172 Posts
At that point why even bother with the helmet? /facepalm

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I have no idea how he can even stand to shift, hurts my feet in regular tennis shoes, much less flip flops.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was scrolling through the pages and found this after seeing the pics a few pages before. Nobody said anything about it so I had to bring it back up. This needs the be a video every salesman uses when a new rider comes in for a 1000 or even a 600, using this to persuade them to get a 250 or max a 500, better yet, convince them to go to a riding school.
Newbs buying 600s and 1000s means cheap parts and engines from wrecked bikes for cool projects like 1000cc shifter carts!

Where is your head at man!

3141 - 3150 of 3150 Posts