SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all my name is frank and im from tampa florida, and am now a full fledged junkie. I have been wanting to try supermoto since 03' but never did untill now, my R1 was down getting suspension redone and a friend let me ride his 03 yz450f motard' im hooked and now looking for a bike, :thumbup: any advice for a squid would be awesome thanks guys

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Welcome to the site!

First thing you need to decide is how much maintenance you want to do on your bike. Most supermoto bikes can fall into either the race or reliable catagories. Thats not to say the race ready bikes like KTM's aren't reliable (B/c they are), but they definitely need a lot more work and maintenance to keep up with them. If you're not going to try to be a pro racer there are plenty of bikes with good maintenace shedules that are still fast and fun

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the site!

First thing you need to decide is how much maintenance you want to do on your bike. Most supermoto bikes can fall into either the race or reliable catagories. Thats not to say the race ready bikes like KTM's aren't reliable (B/c they are), but they definitely need a lot more work and maintenance to keep up with them. If you're not going to try to be a pro racer there are plenty of bikes with good maintenace shedules that are still fast and fun
im not so worried about maintainence i have been in the motorcycle service field for years and i have pretty much sworn off street riding for the last 2 years. so it wil be ridden at the track, most noteworthy the jennings gp, but there are a few supermoto tracks near by i try to do as many track days as i can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts