SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just turned my 08' 530 into a sumo, anyone have an opinion on rear spocket size? Iam runiing a 42 and it seems too tall.:headscrat

·
Registered
319 Posts
not sure if its a street or race bike but on my 525 with a six speed tranny, i race with 15/50. i was running 15/45 before that which wasnt bad either, i just shift a little more now. so i guess between skully25's gearing and my set-up hopefully we narrowed it down:rolleyes2::thumbup:

·
6,598 Posts
I don't like changing gearing all the time so I try to compromise between street and track. 14-45 worked well on my 450, could have used a little more punch on track, that's why I'm going with the same gearing on the 530 because that one has more punch motor wise straight out of the box.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i'm pretty lazy with gearing changes too, if my bike was a street/track ride, i definitely wouldn't run my current 15/50.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I think I might try 15-48 since I ride street and track with it. :thumbup:

·
6,598 Posts
basicly, 14-45 = 15-48

my bike came with 14-50 as stock so I kept the 14. on the older exc models a 15 was the biggest you could fit up front but then you couldn't fit a case protector anymore, haven't checked how much room there is on the 530 but there's a chance it's the same deal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
im running KTM's case-protector and a 15t front sprocket on an 04 motor. well if you dont like the 15/48 you can always run it as a 14/48?

·
6,598 Posts
im running KTM's case-protector and a 15t front sprocket on an 04 motor.
that's weird, I tried to fit the ktm hardparts one on my '05 when I was still running a 15 up front and could not get that protector to fit, there just wasn't enough room :headscrat maybe the clutch slave cylinder is different on the more recent models or something along those lines.

·
Registered
319 Posts
yeah, that is wierd...I'll check into it a little more this week and see if something is different?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts