SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was throwing around the idea of getting spoke wraps for my DRZ400 converted to SM. Thinking some orange wraps with the blue plastics would look cool. Heres the website I found that sells the best ones supposedly.

http://www.bykas.com/product-p/s-w.htm

I want to hear some opinions yall have about spoke wraps, whether it would be worth the 40 bucks or if they're more trouble than they're actually worth and about the website if yall have experience with them and how they were.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They won't make your bike go faster or handle better or make it any safer. Just increase the spinning weight of the wheel. WHY BOTHER!!

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
They won't make your bike go faster or handle better or make it any safer. Just increase the spinning weight of the wheel. WHY BOTHER!!
making it look kewl... if that aint your thing then why "bother" checking this thread to begin with.

ontopic: pain in the ass to install, and dirt/water can collect under the wraps. would only use them on a wheelset where the spokes already saw some wear and tear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
making it look kewl... if that aint your thing then why "bother" checking this thread to begin with.

ontopic: pain in the ass to install, and dirt/water can collect under the wraps. would only use them on a wheelset where the spokes already saw some wear and tear.
Thanks skully. Thats the kind of opinion I was looking for. I was wondering about moisture getting trapped under them. Sounds like that'd be a problem I don't really care to deal with. I may just look for some graphics or something to make the bike look better since I'm using it for just street use now.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Meh, I got them since they were only 25 bucks. They look sick and they are plastic, not going to add that much weight. Install took time but was not hard to do. No water or dirt has collected under or on mine. Had them on for a couple months and been through some muddy creeks.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was just looking into this as well, think I'll end up getting some red spoke skins for my bike; will really set my wheels off with a bit more red in there.

http://www.accidentalbroadcast.com/spoke-skins-orange/

There's a link to where I'll likely be ordering mine from, check it out if you wish. There are more colours, just go to the top of the page and select "Store" -> "Spoke Skins" -> choose colour.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was throwing around the idea of getting spoke wraps for my DRZ400 converted to SM. Thinking some orange wraps with the blue plastics would look cool. Heres the website I found that sells the best ones supposedly.

http://www.bykas.com/product-p/s-w.htm

I want to hear some opinions yall have about spoke wraps, whether it would be worth the 40 bucks or if they're more trouble than they're actually worth and about the website if yall have experience with them and how they were.
I ordered all black ones from them and they were very responsive to my email at 3am CST. Putting them on took a little bit of time, definitely need some patience. But overall I think they make the bike look that much better. Here's a picture of mine, not the best quality though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was thinking colored heat shrink used for electronics cable could work as well you can even maybe do a two tone up to you but the nice thing is it will be a nice snug fit on the spoke maybe even cheaper?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got a set from a company called spoke skins from cali. They gave me a mix set so i have a black and orange kit on my KTM. TBH the install was kind of a pain cause these seem to be more ideal for dirt bikes since our smaller wheels means less flex in the spokes to slide the skins on. The nice thing is that these are thick!!! like i dont doubt these holding up at all! after some sweat i got them on the front wheel the proper way however the spokes on the rears were so close that i couldnt get them on the "right way" so they arent perfect on the rear but they still look good

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Those would be really cool if they made a set that was able to glow really bright when light hit them, or if the things were lined with LEDs. You wouldn't get missed on the street on your Tardo!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Here is some Wraps on my Husky

They are very easy to install on dirt wheels, the spokes are not nearly as tight as the 17s. I tried them on my XR, but it was like pulling teeth to get them on. As for the dirt comment, never been an issue on the Husky and she gets covered in Mud every weekend. I think it is a great product if you want to change up the look for very cheap......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys for all your input. Thinking about getting a set of orange spoke wraps for my blue DRZ. Think I'll fit in well at Auburn University with that.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts