SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a Braking 320 rotor on my 525, and the magnet from my stock rotor doesn't fit properly. Its the right diameter, but not thick enough to fit thru the new rotor and still allow me to put the circlip on to secure it. Do you think I should grind down that spot on the rotor so it clips in properly, or try epoxying it in and risk it coming out at speed?
Also, does anyone know if the replacement magnets that some places sell come in different thicknesses for this type of problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My SV has epoxy holding in the magnets, and they have held quite well for some time now (past owner did them in 2007'ish from what I remember, and they're still going on strong); so I wouldn't worry about them falling out, if you do it correctly.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info man. Any idea what he used, or what a good kind to use would be? There's about 10,000 different kinds, but I'm leaning towards one of the 2-part ones that come in the attached syringes. I was also thinking JB weld, but am not sure there's going to be enough area for it to grab onto to make a really good seal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I JB welded the magnet from the trailtech inside of the floating clip holding the two parts of the rotor together. Seems to still be holding strong

·
Registered
55 Posts
+1 on the JB weld. Mine has stayed stuck to my rotor since the spring and i have rode through and over everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
them the ones , the vapour kit gives you a choice of bolts or a magnet you have to glue in , if you cant get a bolt that JB wonder weld stuff is what everybody uses , good luck

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help and offers guys. I actually wound up using some Loctite marine epoxy I had left over from my boat. Seems to be holding up ok, and I doubt ill have any issues, because I remember the lat thing I used it on, I got a bit extra around the stuff I was working on and tried to scrape it off, ad wound up taking some extra fiberglass with it. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts