SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i was doing a wheelie and i came down from a wheelie and my speedometer read 0 and my odometer isnt putting miles on my bike... does anyone know what would cause this... i read the cables break but i just had the cable out of my bike and pulled the braided piece out of the rubber outside... and it isnt broken... so i slid it back into the rubber part of the hose and put it back in the bike and it still reads 0mph...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
look at the square ends on the cable itself..are they still square...then look into the PLASTIC part on the ft wheel that the square end fits into..is it still square so the cable fits in and turns when it does....the problem is most likely in that conection in the front wheel....those things strip out when it goes from 0 to 35MPH instantly.

If thats ok...spin the cable by hand with it inserted in the speedo end...does your tach read anything when you move the cable...possability the shock of landing the wheelie toasted the electronics in the speedo head...but thats a pretty slim chance.

good luck and post up what you find. (Ive heard this problem a couple times in my life )

SDMOTARD

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the square ends still look square... the one on bottome seems shorter than the one on top idk if its nomal... i unhooked it from the bottom and spun it so the speedo started to read out... so now i guess im looking at the cable or the black piece on the wheel.... and yea the front end has been set down a number of times at 70-80mph... thats about where i set down all my wheelies ha haso i say its a 15mph-70mph instant

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i pulled the cable out again and looked into the black box and spun the front wheel... the square didnt turn.... i guess i found my problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts