SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else notice a little what looks like oil stain around the speed sensor? I believe that is the sensor on top of the cases in front of the starter motor. Not a major leak just noticed it the other day and wounder if its just mine. Called my dealer and they said they heard nothing about it but mine is also the only one they sold. Yamaha had a notice out that they now offer the o-ring seperate. Before you had to buy the sensor to get the o-ring:headshake U guess im just gonna have to clean relly well and degrease then ride and see if it still leaks. I have riden in a lot of rain latley but its clean in there except for right around the sealing area.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Any one else notice a little what looks like oil stain around the speed sensor? I believe that is the sensor on top of the cases in front of the starter motor. Not a major leak just noticed it the other day and wounder if its just mine. Called my dealer and they said they heard nothing about it but mine is also the only one they sold. Yamaha had a notice out that they now offer the o-ring seperate. Before you had to buy the sensor to get the o-ring:headshake U guess im just gonna have to clean relly well and degrease then ride and see if it still leaks. I have riden in a lot of rain latley but its clean in there except for right around the sealing area.

Interesting:headscrat. I havent experienced that yet. If I do I will post up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts