·
Registered
184 Posts
Man I love that......

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently a couple of those MFers got burned last night here in Montgomery County, Maryland, where they've kinda gone apeshit putting them out. The County is claiming damages at $40,000. Can you believe it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yea I can there not cheap.... but fuck em there bullshit......

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
good riddance to them... they are everywhere in england... they put them up like christmas decorations, but they just dont take them back down again lol

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Hey, not to sound like "Mr. Responsible" here or anything, as I hate red light / speed cameras myself, BUT;

In case someone watches those vids and thinks it is a fun prank, or a simple vandalism if you get caught, it's not.

You'll be looking at a stack of serious Felony charges here in the states. People don't mess with Arson charges and some of that may even fall under Federal statues related to Homeland Security, depending on how they define a "security camera" that is state or federally owned.

So, it's not a ticket. It's a grip of years in jail and being registered as an Arsonist the rest of your life here in Ca. if you get caught.

Just sayin. :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
just put a rat on top of it and then shoot it with yur shotgun..........i think u'll be safe........:lol:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I've been thinking about this... and came up with a solution.

If you feel the need to shut down "the (electronic) man" , why not just throw a big canvas bag over it. You start burning and blowing up things, it takes it to a whole new level.

Legally, there is no "permanent damage" with a bag, and it serves the same, however temporary, purpose.

I know, it lacks the same "flare" no pun intended, but it may make the difference between a "statement" and "State Time". Though, I suppose they would still go after you for lost revenue or something.

Sorry if I still sound like a "buzz kill". :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
was watching a show sometime ago, and a guy was saying if u use the plastic wrap u use in your kitchen and wrap up the entire thing carefully, it doesn't look vandalised, however it cant take a proper picture, cuz the wrap blurs the entire image.......

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I would have to agree with the above statment. As a cost-saving measure, I would wrap my full face visor in plastic wrap, as sort of a low budget tear-off. It kept the screen bug free, but the clarity did suffer significantly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That may look cool but not to sound like the police but who actually wins here. I admit I enjoy the vid but ultimately someone has to pay. So it cost tax dollars to put it up, so someone can destroy it, then use tax dollars to take it down due to damage. Oh yeah spend more tax dollar to put new one up and have the police waste time looking for someone.....ummmmmm. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of paying taxes.

Sorry for my rant. Find a more productive way to fight those stupid cameras.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are these cameras in the US other than AZ? I haven't noticed any in SoCal. But my dad tells me they have them over in AZ. I agree with the above poster, it just costs tax payers more to vandalize them. I know people don't like them, but there goes more money down the drain :anim_peep:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They were all over in PHX, but the city had a contract with an outside company. When you got flashed you would get an official looking letter in the mail telling you to sign it and mail it back in. Then you would get the real ticket. If you just threw away the letter when you got it, most people never heard anything about it ever again. Well since no-one was ever paying them, the city lost a ridiculous amount of money on these, so they shut them all down a few months back (with the exception of stop light cameras, and the occasional town owned camera van) and are now removing them all.

·
Registered
538 Posts
There were camera-van's that were contracted by the county here in Honolulu. They all got booted real quick when police officers, judges, and politicians started getting speeding tickets....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts