SuperMoto Junkie banner

3781 - 3800 of 3806 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have have some videos but I've been procrastinating, i have a couple pictures but can't figure out how to post on be app lol
Ok and I upload my photos to photobucket, then copy the link over to the other app or web page.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll take street tires in the dirt over dirt tires on the street any day of the week!
I never had street tires offroad so I wasn't sure how well they worked.

You can with on the windmill ride?

Last time we went a good bit more off road than a gravel road
If you're riding down the wind mill roads watch out cause it's illegal to be on them. It is cool to be under them when they're spinning but just watch out when you're around them and the reservoirs are illegal to be around too so if you ride along them they will fine you there too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you're riding down the wind mill roads watch out cause it's illegal to be on them. It is cool to be under them when they're spinning but just watch out when you're around them and the reservoirs are illegal to be around too so if you ride along them they will fine you there too.[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like a "goon hard ass" but FTP lol everything up there is some sort illegal but police presents is extreamly low or they don't care your riding there... I've been stopped before at the Walmart and the cop just asked me to stop at stop signs and not to blow acrossed the road just look both ways first lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you're riding down the wind mill roads watch out cause it's illegal to be on them. It is cool to be under them when they're spinning but just watch out when you're around them and the reservoirs are illegal to be around too so if you ride along them they will fine you there too.
Not to sound like a "goon hard ass" but FTP lol everything up there is some sort illegal but police presents is extreamly low or they don't care your riding there... I've been stopped before at the Walmart and the cop just asked me to stop at stop signs and not to blow acrossed the road just look both ways first lol[/QUOTE]

I don't care what you do cause I'm doing the same thing but more of FYI if you start seeing people coming you may went to head in the other direction cause I've had someone chase or what we thought chase us for a little bit riding around a few of the reservoirs around the Shenandoah area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is not the last ride, but I was on my sm wheels in this video and we road about the same terrain http://youtu.be/cybsK17DVgg
Where was this at? I wouldn't trust sumo wheels and tires to do that cause we do that on dirt tires and wheels, it's not easy some half the time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah lol as you can see all my buddies had dirt wheelis and quads... But my drz was the only thing I had and wanted to go lol.... But yeah That was all in saint Clair. We go where ever the group can get if everybody is not comfortable doing it well pick a different way

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah lol as you can see all my buddies had dirt wheelis and quads... But my drz was the only thing I had and wanted to go lol.... But yeah That was all in saint Clair. We go where ever the group can get if everybody is not comfortable doing it well pick a different way
Yeah I saw the quads and the trike. I ride st Clair a few times a year and use the ride trevorton before that got shut down. I've been from Tremont to Tamaqua and trevorton to Freeland on the trails but I'm starting to get on to the streets with the bike. My neighbor rides up there and always talks about how the roads are great up that way.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah a couple people I ride with want to do another group ride before its to cold and crappy your more than welcome to come or even we can just go

·
Registered
6 Posts
South East PA, South Central

Hi guys, I've been riding a DRZ-400sm in Lancaster county for a while now, mostly with Tony717, but not really anyone else since no one seems to have one around here.

Lancaster doesn't have a lot of public trails that aren't protected, but the some of the scenic roads are fun to mess around with. Relatively low traffic density and fresh manure blasting through your sinuses.

The map that I attached is kinda the area that I ride in. I mostly try to take small adventures out to Holtwood (south of Lancaster) down by the Susquehanna, there are some rough roads that curve pretty good. Although the twisty parts don't chain together too much there are some pretty fun hairpins and scenic views / gravel roads to take a supermoto through. I go up north to RT 125 and those trail areas up in the coal mines also.

I've done a few track days and been on a bike for years, but I'll ride with anyone with any experience level, as long as you maintain the mindset of.."If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?:anim_peep:" philosophy of doing Go0n activities on the street, i.e., abandoned roads, long stretches of empty farm roads, parking lots..

Anyways, just looking for people who are down to ride. Hit me up on here or PM me... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey man,
I'd like to ride with you guys sometime. I'm just south of Reading. I know the river hills area pretty well; always like riding down there. Let me know when you've got something planned, ummmm, you know, when it's not snowing. :headshake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah you're not far from me, I shot you a PM with my number so we can ride sometime.

Like you said though, probably not until the earliest being Thursday. If you check the weather the temps look like they just climb from that point on :bannana: 60+ degrees

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Looks like prime SM country in those there photos. My family and I are going to be a little north of Williamsport for Memorial Day, do any riding that way? I also want to bring my EXC out to Bald Eagle for some trail action one of these days. If you ever head to OVRP or NJMP hit me up.

Good stuff!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just saw a couple posts a few months ago with people around Lancaster! I live about 15 minutes south of Millersville so kind of the South-ish western part. If anyone wants to ride just PM me. I have a KTM 450 EXC with only knob tires on. I remember seeing someone on a Husqvarna supermoto while riding in Litiz (maybe Litiz, I was a little lost) ride past while I was filling up my bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lets Ride

Just picked up an SM a couple weeks ago. Looking to find some people to ride with. I'm in the Upper Chichester area. Also moved here a little over a year ago so any suggestions for a place to ride would be appreciated too. I've already been hitting up the Brandywine area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm doing a ride every other weekend almost, usually group sizes are anywhere between 3 to 8 as thats my personal limit.

This coming ride is to Centralia, starting in Lebenon this sunday 8/7, short notice but we are only at 3 or 4 supermotos and 2 sportbikes who are running the street section only, feel free to come! All rides tend to gravitate towards gravel, but nothing too serious that a sportbike couldn't get through, I think only 1 of us run knobbies.

I have a facebook page actually that I just created to keep things more in line. I'll say if the ride is sportbike friendly, supermoto only, knobbie only, etc, I tend to be an overly anxious and thorough person. :coffee::coffee:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/111121112658339/

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm in eastern Lebanon pa and looking to make some riding buddies for the warmer upcoming weather. Currently riding a 2008 yamaha wr250x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3781 - 3800 of 3806 Posts