SuperMoto Junkie banner

3761 - 3780 of 3806 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in Philadelphia with a 14 drz400sm. My 1st real bike looking for other sumos to ride with. Or even good roads in the surrounding area (Montgomery/lower bucks ).

Would love to hit a track once I break in the bike, I'm still sub 100 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in Philadelphia with a 14 drz400sm. My 1st real bike looking for other sumos to ride with. Or even good roads in the surrounding area (Montgomery/lower bucks ).

Would love to hit a track once I break in the bike, I'm still sub 100 miles on the bike.
Sweet dude I'm on the same bike, sitting at about 500 miles. I'd really like to hit the dragon some day when it's nice out. Also love to ride in NJ

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just picked up a 05 DRZ400SM on Sunday. I have a group of supermoto buddies that is growing every month. Up to about 6 people I could organize to ride. We hit up the DE/PA line area. Lots of good twisties and elevation changes. Text me if you wanna meet up sometime. Matt - 3025405503

·
Registered
8 Posts
Krampus - I'll save your number at hit you up one of these days to set up a ride.

Can anyone recommend any shops in the city or close area that knows supermotos more particularly the DRZ? I want to start modding my DRZ (3x3, exhaust, jet kit) and don't know where to take it to. This is my first bike so I'm not familiar with shops I can trust or shops that I need to stay away from. Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Krampus - I'll save your number at hit you up one of these days to set up a ride.

Can anyone recommend any shops in the city or close area that knows supermotos more particularly the DRZ? I want to start modding my DRZ (3x3, exhaust, jet kit) and don't know where to take it to. This is my first bike so I'm not familiar with shops I can trust or shops that I need to stay away from. Thanks
I deal with Montgomeryville Cycle, they are a bit out of the city though. They have been selling the DRZ since it first came out. I do almost all of my own work, so have little experience with their techs beyond annual inspections but they do a lot of business and they are generally good people to deal with.

http://www.montgomeryvillecc.com/index.htm

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've bought small stuff from Montgomerville, my neighbor knows them pretty good and has them do more of the major repairs on his gsxr750.

Bromleys in Trevose is a Suzuki dealer so they should know the product pretty well. East Coast Cycle in bensalem does all my major repairs and they do it pretty quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok thanks. Anywhere in Philadelphia/Montgomery /lower bucks is not too far. I bought my drz at Montgomeryville and went to bromley's too check them out. I didn't know the dealers were the best places to get the work done. I'll check one of them out when I get my 1st oil change.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ok thanks. Anywhere in Philadelphia/Montgomery /lower bucks is not too far. I bought my drz at Montgomeryville and went to bromley's too check them out. I didn't know the dealers were the best places to get the work done. I'll check one of them out when I get my 1st oil change.
Honestly, your best bet is to find some individual who has done it in the area and borrow their garage for an afternoon for some beer. Swapping exhaust is like a 10 minute job. Some shops won't do custom stuff like cutting up an airbox. Call around and ask them. I've never dealt with the DRZ before, and I'm not real familiar with the 3x3 mod, but I've done exhaust and jetting. I'm sure someone in the area has experience that could help you out.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Where are you located? Actually in the city or the suburbs?

And as far as Monkeyville goes..... My buddy took his YZ in for some work. They never filled the tranny with oil. It seized up on him WFO in fifth on some train tracks, lucky he didn't break his neck. The guys in the parts department know what they're doing, but keep an eye on their service "techs". One of the reasons I do all my own work

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the city, the northeast by 5 points.... I'm only hesitant to work on the bike because it's something new to me. I do some work to my car but since I've never took apart a bike, everything is foreign to me (jet kit in the carb, extended fuel screw, 3rd clip, 3 turns, running lean, ...etc. But it seems everyone does their own work on their bike, and if these 3 mods aren't hard to do, I'll probably give it a try. I just don't want to take out the carb and not be able to finish or have the bike run shitty. I ride by myself right now, don't know no one else with bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw alot of sumos memorial weekend in the northeast, 3 different occasions. Any of yous on here? Alot of '15 drz400sm. Too bad I was passing by in the car

·
Registered
144 Posts
Group ride aug 22nd

Trying to get a good group ride together meet in ephrata area ride to rt125 and that area will street and dirt aug 22nd

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are there any photos from the last ride cause what do you mean street and dirt? I'm finally going to be legit since the conti trail attack 2s weren't cutting it on the stock wheels so I'm getting the contiattack SM tires on 17s and I don't think those will do a whole lot on dirt.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did one of these rides with this group before and I was fine on the WR250X with pure street tires.
Ok cause I've gone down before on the road but that was with dirt tires and it wasn't fun so I wasn't sure how the street tires did where they go.

3761 - 3780 of 3806 Posts