SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin for some folks to ride with over the summer that are local over the summer. Already found a few guys in Columbus, GA but I figured I would post up a thread for my specific area. I'm currently in school at Auburn and most guys around here see a supermoto and look at me like I'm stupid since I'm not on a sport bike. But hey, they just haven't ever ridden one. Anyways, just trying to find some new guys to ride with thats willing to do supermoto specific riding locally, i.e. parking lots, culverts, random trails, dirt roads, and so on.

·
Registered
187 Posts
ill be back at ft rucker in october. im tired of seeing street bikes and cruisers. im here until may 22 with no bike though...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be in the auburn area until December of 2015, thats when I graduate. So once you get back to Ft. Rucker with your bike we should definitely get something together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im still waiting on my wheels to be built :damn: .. when i get them ill be up for riding! and plus i live there so i wont be moving...
How soon will you have your tard up and running? I'm dying to get out and try my FCR 39 for real on a ride with somebody. Went on a long ride with some sport bikes the other day to columbus and had a sustained speed of about 90 and spurts of up to 110. Going fast is fun, but not as much on a motard. The whole time all I really wanted to do was just hoon around town and find some sharp twisties. Looking forward to having a riding buddy who understands the mind of us tarders.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well they were supposed to be here like a week ago... but they said all of the parts will be in the shop next week and shipped out by the week after when im on a cruise. so itll be killing me that they came in and i cant see them. but itll be worth it! ive never ridden a standard drz cause i have the E model but from what i hear the FCR is an awesome upgrade!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aurider, just let me know when you're all set up to ride. I've got some free time pretty much everyday and especially on the weekends. If your bike is street legal already, I'd be down to ride with you before the wheels come in if you can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dude if i wish i could get out. Im just tied up with work. I keep my bike at my parents house in macon county and its like a 40 min ride to auburn from there. but im going on a cruise next week and the wheels are coming in while im gone. but yeah man when i get those suckers on im going to be riding it for sure. and ill definitely hit you up when i get them on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lookin forward to it man. Need somebody else with me when the cops come to harrass me like they did today. HAHAHA

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well as soon as i got off the ship i checked to make sure my wheels are in. which they were supposed to have been shipped out 2 thursdays ago. and they still havent even shipped. (Motostrano sucks.) so im bummed. where did you get your wheels???
Im thinkin bout riding my bike to work this week. ill send you a message if i do. I work in the charter bank building cross from that sonic so if you see a bike there. thatll be me. where do you usually go to ride? i know a bunch of the bicycle cops on campus and theyre pretty cool. one of them has a cbr(dont know the number)rr which i thought was pretty neat. but if your out in the industrial parks thats a whole nother story hahaha

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If any of you guys are interested in some track time, we are trying to get people together in the region out at the kart track at NOLA MP. It's a 4 hr drive for me from Eglin AFB so not too bad, not sure how far for you guys.

As for Motostrano-I'd cancel that order and find another vendor, they suck. I have a buddy who sells Warp 9s and he hooked it up with floating rotors front and rear and a chain for a sweet deal. I can PM you his info if you want but in the end as much as it sucks to say since they are a big site sponsor, I wouldn't ever buy anything from Motostrano.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Straydog i would love to go to new orleans but unfortunately i lack the money, skill, and a truck that will make it hahaha and right this second im pretty sure they wont accept knobbies on a track. But yeah motostrano sucks. I would buy local but no one sells supermoto stuff around central alabama that i know of. Im going to give them one more week and ill hollar at you if they fall through. which might just happen haha.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
No one really sells supermoto stuff anywhere in this whole region local. Closest place is probably Wheeling Cycle in West Virgina :rolleyes2:

Side note-I never miss a chance to put in a plug for how AWESOME their customer service is. Love giving Forrest my business when he stocks whatever it is I'm looking for. Polar opposite of Motostrano.

·
Registered
11 Posts
outta curiosity is who you were referring to a couple of post back about the wheels? thanks for telling me about them. ive heard of them before but I was sticking to the ads for some stupid reason... but customer service is way better than good advertising. he will have my business from now on most likely

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well as soon as i got off the ship i checked to make sure my wheels are in. which they were supposed to have been shipped out 2 thursdays ago. and they still havent even shipped. (Motostrano sucks.) so im bummed. where did you get your wheels???
Im thinkin bout riding my bike to work this week. ill send you a message if i do. I work in the charter bank building cross from that sonic so if you see a bike there. thatll be me. where do you usually go to ride? i know a bunch of the bicycle cops on campus and theyre pretty cool. one of them has a cbr(dont know the number)rr which i thought was pretty neat. but if your out in the industrial parks thats a whole nother story hahaha
I got my wheels from the classified ads on thumpertalk. A guy had a set of SM wheels from the DRZ400SM and I pretty much bought his entire setup used. Still just as good IMO. Check on thumpertalk if you're interested in used if not, look at wheeling like straydog said. PM me if you ever want to check out my setup personally. I got loads of free time with these summer classes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
straydog thanks for the info! I had a come to jesus meeting with motostrano and my wheels just so happen to ship last night.... its amazing how that worked out. And Jerseyman i should have done that haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in for Nola once I get back in country, live in Grand Bay just outside Mobile city limits. Going July 6 & 7th for their open bike day with my 848.

As for a local place to get supermoto specific parts I'll try to get the guys contact info for you, I met him this past weekend at the Atmore motocross race. He showed me a few of his builds that looked pretty sick, told me the supermoto is pretty dead in lower Alabama. I believe he sponsers one guy out of Mobile that races over in Tallahassee.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just ordered a leather jacket tonight, and eventually some leather track pants to make a two piece suit. Hopefully within the next year I'll have the gear and the funds to go out for a track day. I was thinking Middle Georgia Kart Track or something like that. Sure is alot closer for than NOLA. Wouldn't mind a trip down there though since I've never been. Might have to consider a trip down there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts