SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'd really like to get into supermoto racing, but I'm in dire need of some sound advice. I have a 2008 WR250R that I was planning on converting to an X. Could I viably race this bike or would I be better off with a mx 250? If that answer is mx 250 what color tends to be the best for supermoto? 4t or 2t, are 2 strokes even competitive? What all do I need to make a bike race ready? I live an hour north of Green Bay, WI, besides all the awesome back roads we have, where can I throw on a set of slicks and get some good practice in? Are there any riders around that would be willing to show me a thing or two? I'm sorry if these questions have been answered else where, but I've searched and couldn't find anything..

·
Registered
913 Posts
The WR-X or WR-R are a bit down on power for a 250 class PRO race but that should not stop you from coming out and having a ton of fun. We have plenty of 125cc two stroke road race guys that compete just fine with the 450cc big bikes in asphalt only class. The WR bikes run forever and you won't have to worry about the bike much just hone your skills and decide how you like it. 2 strokes are not very common in supermoto at the highest level of PRO competition but for what we do in NWGP you can run one no problem and keep up. The bike will need a catch can and safety wire your drain plugs, then come ride! There are also plenty of practice days to try it out first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts