SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are some of my thoughts.
Im looking for a Street SM that i would only be using for fun (not commuting) mountain carving, occasional track day, slow speed trail.

I dont like heavy bikes so i was wondering how heavy would a XR650R converted be to ride over say a DR-Z400SM? I would be putting it on an occasional trail with my son on his xr50 so it would be low speed.

There is a 2000 XR650R converted to street but not SM for sale locally for $3600 wondering if i should jump on it, or be patient for a DR-Z.

Any thoughts or other options would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
The XR is going to be a heavy bike compared to a DRZ, which is also heavy, but the XR is more top heavy. Both are great bikes though and the XR is faster than a DRZ in the street.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
From a pure weight perspective my drz s converted to Sm tipped the scales at 330lbs.... i weighed a fsctory sm and they were within 5lbs. The xrr is supposed to be about 280lbs. A ktm exc in recent years are under 240lbs...

Part of it depends on your budget. I would go 650r over drz. Drz is great but if you arent planning on tons of miles then its not perfect for any one thing but can do it all. The xrr was not street legal factor so it makes less compromises for some other areas like off road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts