SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a few pics up. :thumbup:

The DRZ is about half way through the mod process and I'm pretty happy with it! MRD/SSW pipe, FCR39 carb, Stage 1 Hotcams, Galfer SS lines, and various other bits. Magura Hydro-clutch is next, suspension re-valve and custom graphics soon afterward, followed by a BB kit this winter.

Represent!:arsenal

And a couple of my other toys:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very nice

Very good looking bike. I just picked up an 08 DRZ SM and it already had the FMF pipe, jet kit and renthal fat bars. I just ordered all new SS lines, wave rotors and pads. Next mod will be similar to you engine mods plus the BB kit.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man!

Those SS lines will make such a HUGE difference! The bike actually stoppies predictably now, no more squishy feel and guess work. I think I'll get some new pads soon too, which ones did you get?

Fatbars actually come stock after... '07 I think. Could be '06.

Post up some pics when you get the chance.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Man, all that and you hadn't ot rid of the stock mirrors or blinkers? Just like them or what? Good looking bike though.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, all that and you hadn't ot rid of the stock mirrors or blinkers? Just like them or what? Good looking bike though.
Thanks!

No, it's more that I haven't found any that I really liked enough yet. I was thinking about going with the integrated upgrade for the edge, but don't know how visible that'd be. Then there's the Watson Designs blinkers, but they're $120 per set of two. As for the mirrors, they SUCK! They keep causing a slight head shake when I'm behind a van or SUV on the highway. I want a set like Little squirt's, mounted on the bars, but I haven't been able to find any that I could check out in person.

Little squirt's mirrors:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what made u choose stage I over II cams? superclean dizzer by the way!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure that Hotcams no longer makes the stage 2 set.

I have those same mirrors on my Drz. They are just a universal 3" bar end mirror. They are on e bay for about $20.
Those ones are actually CRG mirrors, and are around 45 bucks I think, but if I can get a set for twenty that's even better, I'll have to keep my eye out for them. How are they with viability?

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Nice work Outsane, looks great man. I've got the generic mirrors, but have one only on the clutch side on top instead of underneath. Works just fine :thumbup: As far as blinkers go, ebay LED's for $20 is all you need.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice work Outsane, looks great man. I've got the generic mirrors, but have one only on the clutch side on top instead of underneath. Works just fine :thumbup: As far as blinkers go, ebay LED's for $20 is all you need.
Thanks! I really need to do something about the blinkers, they really screw up the lines of the bike. I'll check ebay when I get a chance.

Got my mirrors just like that for around $25 at Cycle Gear. They were on sale though, the brand was Speed Metal
I'll look for them, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts