SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I dont think Marchesini wheels are over priced, think of how much less production they have compared to cars. Also figure they are on par with quality wheel manufacturers like BBS, Volk, Work, Kinesis, etc. Im sure if someone built wheels on par with Rota quality for motorcycles they would sell a lot, but you get what you pay for.

To answer your original question, its probably possible to fit a set of wheels from a sportbike if you are willing to put in the work, but IMO that looks so cheesy. Also I would imagine they would be heavier.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think Marchesini wheels are over priced, think of how much less production they have compared to cars. Also figure they are on par with quality wheel manufacturers like BBS, Volk, Work, Kinesis, etc. Im sure if someone built wheels on par with Rota quality for motorcycles they would sell a lot, but you get what you pay for.

To answer your original question, its probably possible to fit a set of wheels from a sportbike if you are willing to put in the work, but IMO that looks so cheesy. Also I would imagine they would be heavier.
Well I understand your point. You know anywhere to find the Marchesinis on sale? Considering the cost of the bike, those wheels are almost 50% of what I paid for the bike.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
You can always look for a used set, but know the early design Marchesini rear wheel for supermoto is prone to cracking. the newer one has beefed up rear spokes. Every once in a while someone has a sale on them and they go for around $1800 a set.

personally I dont buy used wheels, because I know what kind of abuse guys like me put them under.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts