SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I sold my trusty DRZ a couple days ago and it was kind of sad to see it go, but the good news it that means its time to move on! I was going to get an SXV 550 but decided I wanted a bike I could ride almost on a daily basis and not worry about maintanence too much. Long story short, a friend of mine wanted to look at an FX450 'Berg, I went with and turns out they had a smokin' deal on an FS570. The next day I own a 2011 Husaberg FS570!

So far, this bike is amazing in comparison to the DRZ. Great, smooth, predictable power and I still cant believe how flickable this thing is. It feels like I'm riding a 250 two stroke in the turns. The FI is spot on, gearing so far is great, I dont think I'll be changing it. I am not a wheelie guy at all, but in second gear on the power its too easy, and thats with me sitting all the way up on the tank. The only negative I have so far is the expected fuel range with the stock 2.2 gallon tank. But to fix this I already ordered the 1 gallon subframe tank. Here's a picture of my friends blue FX450 and my white FS570 shortly after purchasing them, since any thread is worthless without pics. :thumbup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I already forgot I had a DRZ :D, this thing is amazing. I can't believe this is street legal in CA, I feel like it shouldnt be haha. I snagged it for 8500 OTD, buying a bike with a buddy and having good credit in these times can help, especially in San Diego where bike prices can be ridiculously inflated. I've already got near 200 miles on her, been breaking her in pretty hard so I'll be doing an oil change soon because of its small oil capacity. And being the irresponsible child I am, I already have the 1 gallon gas tank, hardguards and turn signals on the way. Stay safe! :thumbup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice!

I've never seen one of those in person before. Heck, I don't even know where a dealer is.

How is the maintainence schedule?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiice! :thumbup: This is my second year on my DRZ...I would love to switch but in reality, i am fairly happy with it now...Just don't let me ride your 'Berg! :lol:

Naw...I know i will change it eventually and it may just be a Berg. But not before another 2 years or so...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Rumor has it Husaberg is dropping the FS model. Maybe it won't be importing any into the states next year.:headscrat I'm really not sure, maybe someone else can chime in to verify. If this shit is true, better grab one while you can.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea man, like the title states I had my DRZ for about 2 and a half years and it was a blast. When I first bought it I didnt have a car at the time so I couldnt exactly go buy a husky 510 or any of the "racy" supermotos I wanted. And I wanted to see if I would like the whole supermoto thing as much as I thought I would, and the DRZ is easy to flip. The comparison is night and day, but the time spend on the DRZ makes me appreciate the Berg that much more. Not that the DRZ was horrible, it was great for its purpose, but the Berg is just that much better. In the end I'm happy with the route I took, the DRZ helped improve my riding and as an added bonus makes me appreciate something this quick out of the box.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, that thing is sick. How's the maintenance on these, similar to a 560 or other race bike I would guess?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Rumor has it Husaberg is dropping the FS model. Maybe it won't be importing any into the states next year.:headscrat I'm really not sure, maybe someone else can chime in to verify. If this shit is true, better grab one while you can.
Yeah it's confirmed that the FS models are done ,not just here ,but in europe as well...bummer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Never thought white, yellow, and blue could look so good.

Just curious, what's your idea of "not worrying about maintenance too much?"

Either way, congrats man!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the maintanence schedule is the same as your average KTM, I will be doing 500 mile oil changes max (I did the same on the DRZ because I liked to) and checking my valves probably every thousand or so (maybe more after the first couple checks). I havent taken a real good look at the schedule but that seems fitting to me. Thats my idea of not worrying about it as much, even though it sounds excessive to some I can deal with it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I always like to hear what people get after they have to part ways with their beloved DRZ's. I've been looking at Husky's, always forget about the bergs tho, and now that husky murdered the look of the 2011 husky, I think this might be the best bike to get. Looks amazing, and Im sure a twist of the throttle leaves any sad thoughts of the DRZ long behind.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sweet bike. I just saw one in Miami for a great price, but the maintenance has me second guessing it. I want a low maintenance bike that is easy to work on. It is a great looking bike. Congrats!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts