SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a Kawasaki KLX300SM. It's a new model introduced only 5 months ago so there's not much info on it. There isn't even an owner's manual or factory shop manual yet. It has the 300R engine and cams.

SoCal has really good weather for bikes. You can ride all year round.

I rode my last bike, a 2007 DRZ400SM, for 35,000 miles so it was time to get another SM. While the KLX doesn't have the brute force of the DRZ, it's more smooth, nimble, and refined with a close ratio 6 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry to hear that roadrider6.

im running those hills every weekend (laps around decker, mulhulland and Yerba Buena) if you ever want to meet up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to hear that roadrider6.

im running those hills every weekend (laps around decker, mulhulland and Yerba Buena) if you ever want to meet up.
Thanks for the offer, Jay.

I'm 72 years old, and you'd get bored. :D

This is my bike. If you see it in the Canyons, the old guy on it is me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is me, so if you see me out there, don’t be shy View attachment 155859
I won't, Jay.:)

Sharp bike.
I like blacked out bikes.
You'll be easy to spot.

I live in the middle of Topanga Canyon so our usual loop is Fernwood, Saddle Peak, Stunt Road, Mulholland, Topanga Canyon. My friend rides a Honda CRF250 and we occasionally ride out Mulholland to the Rock Store. When we do, I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet up there.. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My face when I read that you’re 72 on a supermoto. Please don’t ever stop being as awesome as you are! I hope I’ll still be doing the same at your age! View attachment 155860
Thanks for your goodwill, Mitch. :)

I'm a little guy and I ride like an old man, so I use small underpowered bikes for utility transportation that I can handle easily. Between the DRZ and this KLX I rode a Ruckus and a Grom.

I ride because it makes me happy. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in the San Bernadino mountains and I ride as long as there isn't snow on the ground! I'm on a 2019 SWM SM500R, basically an 09 Husqvarna SMR510.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm in the San Bernadino mountains and I ride as long as there isn't snow on the ground! I'm on a 2019 SWM SM500R, basically an 09 Husqvarna SMR510.
Nice bike. :)

You can get into a lot of trouble with 60 horsepower,
and it weighs less than my 23 horsepower 300.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts