SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and raced a little 100 Year old event Last week on the Isle Of Man..

Turns out,for some silly reason no one had ever though it was possible to bring a supermoto over,Qualify,and then finish a race there. I thought I'd give it a shot..

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Threw down a 86MPH average to a qualifying time of 26:14 on my third Lap ever of the course..My 1st lap I did a 27:34..27:00 was the qualifying cutoff to make the main event.112mph Down Sulby Straight..They said it could never be done on a 450 supermoto,that the course was too fast and the 450 single didnt make enough power and would not last...

Lots of rain and delays..A dry Qualifying session was in doubt but when we had a window of opportunity I dropped the hammer and just went out and qualified the bike..I had a lot of fun..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Fook'n Jelly Bruh!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
What happend with the side panels ???
Too much cooling , ore safety ????

Great stuff, high speed overtaking by the foor cyls // :flush:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Well done brother:thumbup: way to represent for supermoto & NorCal

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sweeeet dude. I will be PMing you about the race as I am looking to do this for next year. After racing Pikes peak I am dying to do another road course race. Can you post up what you had to do to make this race possible and how to sign up.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
+1 Hero Status

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweeeet dude. I will be PMing you about the race as I am looking to do this for next year. After racing Pikes peak I am dying to do another road course race. Can you post up what you had to do to make this race possible and how to sign up.
This took me THREE (3) years to bring together.. I don't mean it was on the back burner and I thought about doing it or that resources where not in place for those 3 years..It was first and foremost in a laid out plan..

Say if you wanted to apply to the 2016 IMGold ManxGP-You would have already needed to participate and have a minimum of FOUR(4) race finishes already this year (2015) from a sanctioned and recognized body here in the United States..That's what I mean by it taking years.You must already have results the year before even thinking of applying THEN you need to have TWO (2) finishes in the year you are applying (2016)..You cant race say 3 or 4 classes on a race weekend either to try and rack up finishes.It dosent work like that.You only are rewarded 1 finish per race weekend even if you races 5 races.As you can see to get 4 race finishes that can only happen over 4 race weekends.Here in the U.S.4 race weekends are spread over months..ALSO if you race in march april or May of this year it dosent count for 2016-only finishes from June to december would count for 2016..As you can see there is a whole set of hoops to jump through.Thats why you must plan so far out.I would say anyone hoping to go race the Isle of Man its too late for a 2016 entry.2017 would be your next opportunity..

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
This took me THREE (3) years to bring together.. I don't mean it was on the back burner and I thought about doing it or that resources where not in place for those 3 years..It was first and foremost in a laid out plan..

Say if you wanted to apply to the 2016 IMGold ManxGP-You would have already needed to participate and have a minimum of FOUR(4) race finishes already this year (2015) from a sanctioned and recognized body here in the United States..That's what I mean by it taking years.You must already have results the year before even thinking of applying THEN you need to have TWO (2) finishes in the year you are applying (2016)..You cant race say 3 or 4 classes on a race weekend either to try and rack up finishes.It dosent work like that.You only are rewarded 1 finish per race weekend even if you races 5 races.As you can see to get 4 race finishes that can only happen over 4 race weekends.Here in the U.S.4 race weekends are spread over months..ALSO if you race in march april or May of this year it dosent count for 2016-only finishes from June to december would count for 2016..As you can see there is a whole set of hoops to jump through.Thats why you must plan so far out.I would say anyone hoping to go race the Isle of Man its too late for a 2016 entry.2017 would be your next opportunity..
Now what series here in the US qualifies for races IM Gold ManxGP. Also is there a link you can post for classes that they have for the Manx GP?

This is exactly the info I need and I am glad you are posting up. Thanks and BTW congrats!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now what series here in the US qualifies for races IM Gold ManxGP. Also is there a link you can post for classes that they have for the Manx GP?

This is exactly the info I need and I am glad you are posting up. Thanks and BTW congrats!

Here is the official site-
http://www.manxgrandprix.org/

When I started all of this I too was referred to the site, I am not too smart so I would read and read and re-read the whole site and the regulations PDF when I wanted to try and do this on a Supermoto looking for every little detail.There are details in the regulations about requirements for bike and eligibility that are important to understand because they will deny you at the sign in table in a snap if you do not posses the proper licenses out lined in the requirements..THAT BEING SAID you can see that it is 2015 regulations still on the site YOU MUST be aware that those can change and that 2016 regulations when they are posted will be the new absolute requirements for next years event.Reading and UNDERSTANDING the language that is used in the rule book is important-it is in english of course but over there they have a bit different references ,way of explaining things than we are a custom to here in the United States..It's also important to speak to people who have done the event.I ran into a lot of myth and false information trying to get into the event and even on the Island leading up to the sign in date and into the first Tech inspection.Being that I brought a machine no one had ever seen or tried to race also brought up a lot of extra challenges for me because there was no one I could turn to for precise technical requirement questions.I had to over prepare my machines above and beyond so the inspectors could not deny my Bikes passing the scrutineer process..It is WORK,no doubt about it.I know now why no one had ever tried to race a Supermoto,the stress,the performance that has to be done right out of the box on a road you have never seen before..I would also say that the nature of it all is that EVERY LITTLE THING in process will set it's will against you,to make you stumble on the Journey.It's up to the individual to do maximum homework and make a plan that maximizes the chance of a successful outcome .

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Here is the official site-
http://www.manxgrandprix.org/

When I started all of this I too was referred to the site, I am not too smart so I would read and read and re-read the whole site and the regulations PDF when I wanted to try and do this on a Supermoto looking for every little detail.There are details in the regulations about requirements for bike and eligibility that are important to understand because they will deny you at the sign in table in a snap if you do not posses the proper licenses out lined in the requirements..THAT BEING SAID you can see that it is 2015 regulations still on the site YOU MUST be aware that those can change and that 2016 regulations when they are posted will be the new absolute requirements for next years event.Reading and UNDERSTANDING the language that is used in the rule book is important-it is in english of course but over there they have a bit different references ,way of explaining things than we are a custom to here in the United States..It's also important to speak to people who have done the event.I ran into a lot of myth and false information trying to get into the event and even on the Island leading up to the sign in date and into the first Tech inspection.Being that I brought a machine no one had ever seen or tried to race also brought up a lot of extra challenges for me because there was no one I could turn to for precise technical requirement questions.I had to over prepare my machines above and beyond so the inspectors could not deny my Bikes passing the scrutineer process..It is WORK,no doubt about it.I know now why no one had ever tried to race a Supermoto,the stress,the performance that has to be done right out of the box on a road you have never seen before..I would also say that the nature of it all is that EVERY LITTLE THING in process will set it's will against you,to make you stumble on the Journey.It's up to the individual to do maximum homework and make a plan that maximizes the chance of a successful outcome .
Thats exactly how I made it through the first time racing Pikes Peak. Have a good friend and fellow racer I race against who actually raced th race a couple of times told me the does and dont's and help me through he process. I was well prepared and it showed and helped a ton. I will read the website and shoot you a PM later when and if I need more help. I really appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts