SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Ride Alert-

Some fellow Supermoto riders (sportbike mix) are leaving CA. City at 0730, picking up folks in Rosamond at 0800, some more at the Angeles Forest / 14 Park and Ride at 0845 and will grab our last group at the 210 / Osbourne 7-11 at 0930.

We will then run back up to Otto's for Brunch and then scatter, after hitting some of the best twisties in the Southland.

This will be Friday morning, before all the traffic, heat and LEO's are out in force.

Everyone encouraged to ride their own pace, with all forms of two wheelers encouraged to attend. We will wait and re-group at all major intersections.

The ride will consist of as little freeway as possible, some nice "paced" canyons, some tight and technical stuff and some senic passes as well, with a little bit of everything to suit the strong points of every type of bike and rider in attendance.

Chow will be great.

Several riders will be attendance with GoPro's and I personally will use this outing to test and tune my new HD set up. Alone, I will be packing three cameras to capture the action.

Well prepped bikes, a clear mind, and something more than an Beginner rider skill set is recommended. Again, everyone is strongly encouraged to maintain a pace comfortable to their own machine, ability and knowledge of the the roadway.

I am taking a day off work just for this event and think it will be a great way to kick off the Holiday weekend and beat the heat, which is forcast to spike in the next few days.

So who is in?

4LiterRanger, MikedBike, Skidmark, Tetge, Prerunner32? Others?

The exact route is subject to change, and thus will be kept confidential.

Hit one of the various meet ups on time, ready to ride armed with a good attitude, open mind and empty bellly. Fuel stops will not be spread beyond 80 mile intervals.

Interested parties chime in, or PM me directly.

Hopefully tomorrow at this time we will be posting great stories, good pics and quality video for those who cannot make it.

So who is in?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NICE! MikeDBike committed earlier via PM, so that is one more Sumo in the mix!

I'll be running an GoPro HD, a GoPro Hero Wide and a standard GoPro, with various hard mount spots.

So, I may spend more time editing footage, than I actually will in the saddle, but it should be fun.

We can post up, so we can show everyone how we get it done out here in Southern California!

Can't wait ! :bannana:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol:

I've got a guy showing up on an old Norton you will like to chat and ride with.

This is shaping up nicely. Fun mix of folks and machines. :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
You guys are gonna cook out there!!

Bring lots of fluids, and make sure Brakelate brings plenty of hot chix along for massages. :clap:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But you are the only hot chick I know! :D

You need to move closer!

·
Registered
920 Posts
FIRST!!!!

checked my helmet cam footage, came out pretty good. I like the mounting angle too. Gonna take me a while to upload at 1 mbps :laughingr

·
Registered
258 Posts
Man, I wish I wooda logged onto SMJ one day sooner . I'da been there!

·
Registered
920 Posts
we need to get up there and ride tehachapi/caliente too! (really i just want to go to sonic :lol:)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The helmet mounted HD was aimed too low... fine for cruising, but when we picked up the pace I apparently ball up and put my head down, killing the view.

The front axle cam footage came out good, and the rear mounted Wide footage is very good.

We'll process what I have and put it up ASAP.

Great ride! :thumbup:

Oh, and +1 on the Caliente run out of Tehachapi. Got to do that one. :)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And it was only 103 deg out. Not too bad rolling, but sitting at the red lights sucked!

:headshake

·
Registered
102 Posts
ha a blast riding with you guys, that was the MOST canyon roads i've hit in one day and it was awsome. my gopro footage came out good, too bad i was in the rear with the gear the whole time, LOL.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My footage is all edited up and ready to load to YouTube, but for some reason, they aren't allowing uploads at the moment, or so it seems.

Guess it can wait until the morning. :headscrat

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is that noise? Is that your bike? USAF426 mentioned your scooter making a funny grinding noise, but I never heard it.

You better check that out. :hmmm:

·
Registered
537 Posts
It was a good ride although the fast guys were too fast for me to keep up with. I liked it when there were four DR-Z's stopped across both lanes at a red light toward the end of the ride. Three were slow white models and I was on the only black one, which, as everyone knows, is by far the fastest color. When the light went green, the white DR-Z's got proof that black is the fastest color. It was a nice way to finish off the ride as we all went out own ways shortly after that point. Or, were the white DR-Z's fleeing in shame?

Working on two more videos but they will be upload tonight and/or tomorrow night. They basically feature the SoCal legend, mikedbike.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i thought that was wind noise or something. i don't hear a thing whilst riding it :hmmm:

I'll have to investigate in the morning when it's now 100 degrees out

1 - 20 of 28 Posts