SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are from our group ride away from the gap on Friday. Big thanks to all who drove / rode so far to come ride, and used2Bfast for the directions for the off road loop. I for one had a blast. I'm sure others have more pics and some video when they get back home.

My apologies for the couple of snafus, and if anyone wasn't happy with the route, hard to keep 19 people happy. If I'm asked to lead another, I promise I'll do a better job :D. I was just filling in for a friend.

Starting point DGR, we had a few motards show up to play (21 total)

Psyco deep in a pre-ride meditative state. He kept chanting something about white toast and BBQ :lol:

Off Road time

Tell General Lee the BCSO wanted to ask him about that helmet:rofl:

Off Road section was part of the trail of tears

Lunch stop, we had bikes crammed everywhere in the parking lot. We WERE the lunch rush

Table for 19, calling table for 19 (We lost a couple)

Full circle, back amongst the slayers

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
i can't believe i missed this ride. i thought it was later:rant:

looks like you guys had a good group!

you going to be at the WNC epic randy? i am going to make that one for sure i think.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good pics Randy. I was digging the dirt road too. Can't wait to get back up there.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Nice pix Randy ...did you get some pix of the stinko's before you donated them for "cue ball" research!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Was curt riding wheelies in the off road part?

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i can't believe i missed this ride. i thought it was later:rant:

looks like you guys had a good group!

you going to be at the WNC epic randy? i am going to make that one for sure i think.
Hey Chris, unfortunately I won't be there, it's Father's day weekend.

Nice pix Randy ...did you get some pix of the stinko's before you donated them for "cue ball" research!
Nah, I don't want to remember those damn things. If only the front would have had decent grip, I could have backed it in and used 'em as pirate horns. :rofl:

Good pics Randy. I was digging the dirt road too. Can't wait to get back up there.
Give one of us a shout when you guys come back up. :thumbup:

Looks like fun, hope we can get some offroad time when I come up next week :D
I dunno if I can stray that far away, I've been off the electronic leash from work a good bit the last couple weeks, but there's plenty of offroad over my way too.

Awesome! Hate I missed rally! Think I could come over to your crib and you show me the dirt sections?
You already know the answer to that. Besides, I wanna ride that 450 On second though, maybe I don't. :D

I have no idea, I hadn't been off road in so long I just pulled over and waved everyone by on the gravel. You'd think after sliding around the gap the day before on the Shinkos, I would have been comfortable off road. :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Haha, nope. But I did wind up testing my helmet out on that nice soft gravel while Moody laughed at me. Again. (Fun stuff) If I had feelings he woulda hurt them.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
These are from our group ride away from the gap on Friday. Big thanks to all who drove / rode so far to come ride, and used2Bfast for the directions for the off road loop. I for one had a blast. I'm sure others have more pics and some video when they get back home.

My apologies for the couple of snafus, and if anyone wasn't happy with the route, hard to keep 19 people happy. If I'm asked to lead another, I promise I'll do a better job :D. I was just filling in for a friend.

Starting point DGR, we had a few motards show up to play (21 total)

Psyco deep in a pre-ride meditative state. He kept chanting something about white toast and BBQ :lol:

:laughingr Now thats funny , thanks again Randy . I think I can speak for everyone In our group that we all had a great time . And a big :thumbup: to everyone that came out for the ride , to the locals as well . Was a great group , and the lunch was good as well , well that was till White Toast sat down there with us and attracted all them fly's and nats . No worries here , now off to start planning the next one .:bannana:

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Thanks for the tow Randy.... I know it's a lot of responsibility/pressure trying to please 21 "Junkies".....:cheers:

Chris

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thanks for sharing for the ones like me that didn't make it to the show.
Life and money have got to get better eventually doesn't it?
One of these years I will get to do some traveling again without breaking the bank.

Kevin

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:laughingr Now thats funny , thanks again Randy . I think I can speak for everyone In our group that we all had a great time . And a big :thumbup: to everyone that came out for the ride , to the locals as well . Was a great group , and the lunch was good as well , well that was till White Toast sat down there with us and attracted all them fly's and nats . No worries here , now off to start planning the next one .:bannana:
Yep, gotta do it again soon. I have a big loop over here (about 250ish) that you guys would go nuts over.

Thanks for the tow Randy.... I know it's a lot of responsibility/pressure trying to please 21 "Junkies".....:cheers:

Chris
You're welcome Chris, always a pleasure hanging out with you guys for a day or two.

Thanks for sharing for the ones like me that didn't make it to the show.
Life and money have got to get better eventually doesn't it?
One of these years I will get to do some traveling again without breaking the bank.

Kevin
Kevin, hang in there brother. If you ever want to come down and ride on the cheap, you can crash at my place. That would at least avoid motel costs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man that looks like a blast, but where was RJ? Hard to ride in the daytime right now back here in Florida. Nothing feels better than riding in a convection oven set at 110 at 70mph...

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man that looks like a blast, but where was RJ? Hard to ride in the daytime right now back here in Florida. Nothing feels better than riding in a convection oven set at 110 at 70mph...
Hey prickster, good to hear from you, hope you're all healed up. I invited him, but he doesn't really ride the big bike much these days. He's always doing family stuff, and I don't blame him. LMAO at the oven thing. When you gonna bring that 426 up here so it can go through some curves in it's lifetime? :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
LOL, I was wondering where he was. I am pretty much healed up now, about 85% on the right wrist, 99% on the left one. I guess if I was on the tard and not the fiddy, it would have never happened. I need to make a trip up there soon. My aunt and uncle where up there a few months ago, and came back and told me the same thing. I have a job we are bidding up there, so it might be sooner than later. Got to get RJ out there too.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL, I was wondering where he was. I am pretty much healed up now, about 85% on the right wrist, 99% on the left one. I guess if I was on the tard and not the fiddy, it would have never happened. I need to make a trip up there soon. My aunt and uncle where up there a few months ago, and came back and told me the same thing. I have a job we are bidding up there, so it might be sooner than later. Got to get RJ out there too.
That's good man, best of luck of 100% recovery. Anytime you want to come up just let me know, you can crash here and we'll go hit up the good stuff. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts