SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently found a kart track that will let supermoto race and i want to try my 450 on it, but i dont want to buy a whole new sm set up for it in case i dont want to keep my crf as a supermoto. how hard would it be to put my husky rims on a honda for a day?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hard.

Spacers need to be machined, and to do that, a lot of measurements need to be taken.

Also, you'll need a caliper relocation bracket for the front caliper.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is too bad, i guess it is back to buying a whole sm set up for it from motostrano then

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
used sounds good but all i keep hearing is 800+ for just the rims and tires. then i have to get breaks, spacers, caliper re locator, sprocket, chain ect... and the whole kit from motostrano is only 1200. so i dont know if it would really be cheaper to go the used route on this one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now that i think of it, what is the advantage of 17's vs. the stock 21/19's that come on dirt bikes? if i were to wrap some street oriented dual sport tires around my stock rims would i be at a disadvantage for riding on kart tracks?

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Yeah, but not by much. It really comes down to the rider. I wouldn't even bother with the street tires, just run knobbies. One of the fastest dudes I have seen at Summit Point was on a YZ250f with knobbies. But, he probably is fast everywhere...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
knobbies would be gone quick on pavement, but i might bring it out to the vir kart track just to give it a try. another thing i am thinking is a warp 9 front and the stock rear rim with a ds tire on it. seems like a cheaper way to get my crf almost like a sm

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I ride non-DOT knobbies on the pavement all the time... they last just fine. One dude on a DRZ on knobbies at Summit hasn't even really seen any wear at all on his tires after several track days. And, they don't need to be brand new, so have a set for dirt, and a set of the kart track. Get a hard terrain tire so the compound is soft.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
works for me, i'll bring my husky and my crf out to the kart track on the 7th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts