SuperMoto Junkie banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Just brought it home yesterday after my SMR450 was stolen. Its a dog. need to tune it. feel that the power is there just need to unleash it.
PowerUp, JD Jetting tuner, take the airbox restrictor out (if it's there), and uncork the exhaust and it'll be a whole new bike. :thumbup:

Then if you want more and don't mind sacrificing some highway RPM, gearing. The 15/38 is pretty tall.

·
Registered
45 Posts
nice bike

A quick roll-call for SMS630 Owners, just a quick rollcall too see how many Husky 630 owners are now on the board, Any thoughts on the bike + mods would be cool too.

Here's mine, she's stock apart from the lambda sensor removal. I'm not the best at keeping my bikes clean, as I'd rather ride them, the mark on the exhaust is due too a glove falling onto it after a ride :( anyways! She's also bloody brilliant!

Sorry for crappy quality, Phone pic, uploaded to Facebook and then moved too Photobucket!

SMS630 2010 In London Town UK :rofl::bannana::D:anim_peep::thumbup:
Purchsed a few weeks ago nice bike upgraded all the PC and lightening mods done already a bit worried about the sell off of the company to KTM.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So guys, I am currently at 10,xxx miles. I bought the bike at 3,xxx miles. The only things I have done is replace the fuel pump, radiators, chain/sprockets. And oil changes. I noticed it backfiring once in a while, im guessing the valves are probably getting out of spec. I read this is easy to check. But how long would one say it takes to change.

By the way. It still starts easy hot or cold on 91 pump gas.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
So guys, I am currently at 10,xxx miles. I bought the bike at 3,xxx miles. The only things I have done is replace the fuel pump, radiators, chain/sprockets. And oil changes. I noticed it backfiring once in a while, im guessing the valves are probably getting out of spec. I read this is easy to check. But how long would one say it takes to change.

By the way. It still starts easy hot or cold on 91 pump gas.
Actual backfiring out the airbox, or just popping in the exhaust?

If it's a backfire, you might have a leaking injector. If it were valves, it would probably be harder to start.

As a note, I tightened up the clearance on one valve around 1000 miles, and in the last 10,000 miles, I haven't had to change anything else, I just check them periodically.

You could check your valves and swap out a shim in 45min, if you have shims on hand.
If not, you'll have to order or run to the shore for the right sized valve shim.

Do you have flat shim stock or feeler gages to check clearance?

The Red Head is one of the easiest shim-valve motors to adjust shims on, since you just pull a clip, slide the rocker out of the way, and pull the shim out, you don't have to pull the cams like on a Jap motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
and another... 2011 sms630... used to have an '06 TE610 which was great too. Have added a FMF pipe and the EHS pre-filter screen. Still fooling with the JD settings but love the bike!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Guys,, I just recently sold my girlfriends SMS630 and have also sold my TE630. I have the complete Ibeat tuning package with all software, connector cable, driver available. PM me to discuss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys,, I just recently sold my girlfriends SMS630 and have also sold my TE630. I have the complete Ibeat tuning package with all software, connector cable, driver available. PM me to discuss.
Hi,

Would you know exactly what parts I need to have to convert my SMS 630 to TE 630?

Aldo,

161 - 175 of 175 Posts