141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Anyone have a stock 38 rear sprocket they would like to sale? Pm. Me please

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nah no trade. I just want stock 38 for occasionally doing road race tracks. Love my15/42. But I do have a like new 45 t. Aluminum to trade if ya want to.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nah no trade. I just want stock 38 for occasionally doing road race tracks. Love my15/42. But I do have a like new 45 t. Aluminum to trade if ya want to.
Thanks but a 45 will be too low for me. I still need to roll down the highway. I will be buying a 40 or 42 , then my 38 will be available.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Let me know. 3 weeks till my track day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just joined the Husky family, brought home my SMS 630 a couple days ago!

Maybe this is a good place to ask a couple questions? First off, who can possibly point me in the direction of a website that sells parts/accessories for the 630? I live on the east coast of Canada if that helps.

Also, is it normal that my Husky seems really "jerky" with the throttle input? It seems almost un-smooth, if that makes any sense at all. I've been reading about some sort of "PU kit" you can buy, someone said that fixes a lot of the jerkiness I'm experiencing, is that correct?

I love the bike I just want to get this problem, if it even really is one, worked out and find a good site or two for parts so i can start customizing my new baby!

Thanks everyone in advance, seems like you have a great community here!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I just joined the Husky family, brought home my SMS 630 a couple days ago!

Maybe this is a good place to ask a couple questions? First off, who can possibly point me in the direction of a website that sells parts/accessories for the 630? I live on the east coast of Canada if that helps.

Also, is it normal that my Husky seems really "jerky" with the throttle input? It seems almost un-smooth, if that makes any sense at all. I've been reading about some sort of "PU kit" you can buy, someone said that fixes a lot of the jerkiness I'm experiencing, is that correct?

I love the bike I just want to get this problem, if it even really is one, worked out and find a good site or two for parts so i can start customizing my new baby!

Thanks everyone in advance, seems like you have a great community here!

Check out Cafe Husky for a lot of good info.

Call Hall's Cycle for any parts you need.

Get the Powerup kit and a JD Jetting tuner, make sure the restrictor plate is removed from the airbox, and then save up a little money for a new exhaust, or just gut the stock cans like I did and turn them into packed flow-throughs.

Also, I notice the fuel tank vents into the steering stem.
Get that out of there and wrap it into the little track built into the neck and down the front tube.
Then get a rubber plug and shove in the top of the steering stem to keep dirt and water out. The steering bearings are open to atmosphere through a slot in the steering pivot and pumping fuel vapors in there breaks down the grease.

Get it all sorted out and you'll love it even more :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Check out Cafe Husky for a lot of good info.

Call Hall's Cycle for any parts you need.

Get the Powerup kit and a JD Jetting tuner, make sure the restrictor plate is removed from the airbox, and then save up a little money for a new exhaust, or just gut the stock cans like I did and turn them into packed flow-throughs.

Also, I notice the fuel tank vents into the steering stem.
Get that out of there and wrap it into the little track built into the neck and down the front tube.
Then get a rubber plug and shove in the top of the steering stem to keep dirt and water out. The steering bearings are open to atmosphere through a slot in the steering pivot and pumping fuel vapors in there breaks down the grease.

Get it all sorted out and you'll love it even more :D
Thank you for the information! That's more than anyone's been able to tell me yet, I appreciate it more than you could imagine.

If you don't mind, I do have another question for you. Since I have money to play with, I want to get all my upgrades done now except the exhaust; that will come later. I was told that there are different power up kits you can buy, is this correct? Would I need a specific one where I'm keeping my stock exhaust for a while? This is all new to me, motorcycles in general are new to me, so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot.

Any and all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Thank you for the information! That's more than anyone's been able to tell me yet, I appreciate it more than you could imagine.

If you don't mind, I do have another question for you. Since I have money to play with, I want to get all my upgrades done now except the exhaust; that will come later. I was told that there are different power up kits you can buy, is this correct? Would I need a specific one where I'm keeping my stock exhaust for a while? This is all new to me, motorcycles in general are new to me, so please excuse me if I sound like an idiot.

Any and all help is appreciated!
No problem.

On the Husky-powered bikes like ours, the PU is universal and there's only one type of kit.
It includes a brass plug to replace the O2 sensor, and a resistor plug to plug into the O2 connector.

On the BMW-powered Huskys (449, 511 etc) there are a couple different map plug options.

Now even if you're keeping the stock exhaust, I would still go ahead and pick up a JD Jetting (or Power Commander) tuner, because these bikes are pretty lean from stock, even after the powerup. You can make general changes at a dealer with I-beat, but the JD gives you more options and you can tune on the fly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problem.

On the Husky-powered bikes like ours, the PU is universal and there's only one type of kit.
It includes a brass plug to replace the O2 sensor, and a resistor plug to plug into the O2 connector.

On the BMW-powered Huskys (449, 511 etc) there are a couple different map plug options.

Now even if you're keeping the stock exhaust, I would still go ahead and pick up a JD Jetting (or Power Commander) tuner, because these bikes are pretty lean from stock, even after the powerup. You can make general changes at a dealer with I-beat, but the JD gives you more options and you can tune on the fly.
Awesome, thanks again for the help. I'm going to get in touch with Halls and see if I can get them to send me the power up kit and the JD jetting tuner, I'm assuming they're fairly easy to install? The JD jetting tuner sounds like anyone can understand it after fooling around and reading for a few minutes. Hopefully I wont have any problems.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome, thanks again for the help. I'm going to get in touch with Halls and see if I can get them to send me the power up kit and the JD jetting tuner, I'm assuming they're fairly easy to install? The JD jetting tuner sounds like anyone can understand it after fooling around and reading for a few minutes. Hopefully I wont have any problems.
Just buy the JD unit direct from JD here:
JD JETTING

I installed mine on the handlebars so that I can make adjustments on the fly. You can ride it a bit, pull over, change the setting, ride some more, change it back....I think that's the fastest way to get it how you like it.

Then you can reinstall under the seat later if you're worried about it being exposed to weather but JD claims it's weather resistant.

You can see what other people did here:
CAFE HUSKY THREAD

Have fun!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just buy the JD unit direct from JD here:
JD JETTING

I installed mine on the handlebars so that I can make adjustments on the fly. You can ride it a bit, pull over, change the setting, ride some more, change it back....I think that's the fastest way to get it how you like it.

Then you can reinstall under the seat later if you're worried about it being exposed to weather but JD claims it's weather resistant.

You can see what other people did here:
CAFE HUSKY THREAD

Have fun!
Thanks for the tips! I actually ordered the JD Jetting Tuner last night, can't wait for it to come so I can get it all set up. I had planned to mount it in the middle of my bars originally, I'm not sure if I'll still do that or not, I kind of want to buy a steering damper for the bike after talking with someone else here on the forums. We'll see what happens I guess.

The fun never ends!

·
Registered
14 Posts
One Less SMS630 owner

Hi. I had one of these from new in 2011.I thought it was a great bike. With a few minor problems. It was stolen about 3 weeks ago. I could not find another new one to replace it with in Australia.
I made a few mods to the bike befor it was stolen, which improved it's general usability (IMO) So If any one is interested. I can tell you about the changes I made
Loe Vince full X3 system
Power up Kit
Fuel remapping/ Stalling problems, snatchy throttle etc
Fitting a decent set of tyres, Footrest scraping on the road made easy !
I was going to put a Suter slipper clutch on it. But it was stolen befor I had the chance.
So if you want to know. Put a reply. I will tell you what I can.
Glida.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi. I had one of these from new in 2011.I thought it was a great bike. With a few minor problems. It was stolen about 3 weeks ago. I could not find another new one to replace it with in Australia.
I made a few mods to the bike befor it was stolen, which improved it's general usability (IMO) So If any one is interested. I can tell you about the changes I made
Loe Vince full X3 system
Power up Kit
Fuel remapping/ Stalling problems, snatchy throttle etc
Fitting a decent set of tyres, Footrest scraping on the road made easy !
I was going to put a Suter slipper clutch on it. But it was stolen befor I had the chance.
So if you want to know. Put a reply. I will tell you what I can.
Glida.
If the mapping was for a dynojet pcv I'd like to see it. The pcv tune doesn't seem to great

·
Registered
14 Posts
PCV maps question

Hi.
Sorry I can't help you with that. I tried the 630 with the Leo pipe (just spark arrestor fitted, no db reducer) and the rest standard. It was better all through the rev range, for power and pickup. But was snatchy and stall prone. I got the power up kit on it. Had the dealer reset the maps with his basic Huski software. I got the bike back. It was much smother. Did not stall nearly as badly. But was not as snappy in low to mid-range. I think it was a little too rich. The dealer told me that he had already leaned it off a bit, from the map he had been advised to try. Because it just felt to rich when test riding it. I would have put more time into sorting out the fuelling for sure. But the bike was stolen about a week after I had the first modded map loaded. The bike seems to go O.K..... I had 176 kph recorded on the speedo memory. It was still pulling, a little. I was lying on the tank, trying to catch a Harley (of all things). I couldn’t get him, on the straight! But there are always corners for that.!!
I will summarise briefly about what I did to this bike. Because, having read through the rest of this thread. I don’t think that there is much I can tell you that isn’t already known!!
1/The Leo Vince X3 exhaust, Excellent. Good fit. Single pipe, very light. Leo Vince need to supply an M8 x60 bolt for the mid-section mounting. They supply an M8 x 55. But this is the same size already on the bike. It would work O.K. on a TE630. The SMS already uses a longer M8 x55 bolt as it has to pass through one of the pillion rest hanger mounts. Which would not be there on a TE630.I got my Leo exhaust imported to Australia from the U.S.A, from Speed Addict Cycles. I found their service and postal rates very good.
2/Tyres. Throw those diablos out. I had chicken strips 10mm wide on the tyres. But was losing the back on throttle, and the front when I tried to carry more speed/lean through an apex. The bike never really felt “hooked up” right on the diablos. The back ,especially, moved around a lot. But it was not hard to live with. You can feel that the chassis likes to slide. I will say that the diablos are forgiving when they let go. I always managed to get it back. Even if I had to resort to a big stomp, with my inside foot, to get the front back on track again.
I bunged a set of soft Super Corse’s on the bike. It was much better. I could get them right to the edge. On the road. With minimal warm up time. I took to dragging the footrests on every decent roundabout I could find. I had a couple of big time slides with them (diesel ? etc). But again found that the bike was very easy to rescue from falling over. They looked to be wearing almost as well as the O.E. tyres so apart from the fact that they are more expensive to buy in the first place. I would go with them. Or Power Cups, or Goldspeed cut slicks. Whatever takes your fancy. It will improve the feel of the bike. A lot.
Sorry to say that I have now gone Orange, (for the first time) with a 690SMC-R . If you think that Huski’s are a bit fiddly to set up on mapping. You should see the amount of fun KTM owners are having trying to get their bikes “ready to race” ha, ha. It’s all new to me. All my other bikes in the last 35 years have had strange things called carburettors! Definition…” A carburettor is an over complex device, guaranteed unable to deliver the right mixture for any of the conditions, or parameters, it will encounter, whilst fitted to any form of internal combustion engine.
Hmmm…. Sounds a lot like fuel injection to me……..
Don’t blame the technology. Blame the Bureaucracy that hamstrings it.
Cheers ….Glida….

·
Registered
107 Posts
Count me in! 2011 SMR 630 with around 500km on the ODO...PU kit + ECU reset + 44T rear sprocket. she's a city bike and she hates the highway :D

141 - 160 of 175 Posts