SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick roll-call for SMS630 Owners, just a quick rollcall too see how many Husky 630 owners are now on the board, Any thoughts on the bike + mods would be cool too.

Here's mine, she's stock apart from the lambda sensor removal. I'm not the best at keeping my bikes clean, as I'd rather ride them, the mark on the exhaust is due too a glove falling onto it after a ride :( anyways! She's also bloody brilliant!

Sorry for crappy quality, Phone pic, uploaded to Facebook and then moved too Photobucket!

SMS630 2010 In London Town UK :rofl::bannana::D:anim_peep::thumbup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
In Berlin. Also apologies for the crappy quality. It´s got the pu kit installed, Leo Vince dual exhaust and I removed all the tinny heat shield bits and replaced with the Husqvarna carbon parts. Took off the Mickey Mouse clutch lever and reservoir and replaced with a Magura part. Also removed the pillion pegs. Am now very pleased with the result.

No pix! Doesn´t sem to work.

·
Registered
190 Posts
+ 1 630 in Germany. No PU kit/exhaust yet. Only changed the plate holder and installed some Racetech handguards with a Magura SX handlebar :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So only 3 of us ?? Good too hear everyone else who owns one seems too be enjoying it. Anyone thought of any other mods for their 630 that they may want too try?? Am aproaching my 3,000mile service and am hoping too not get robbed, anyone else have an idea of price>?

SMS630 2010 In London Town UK :Funny::laughingr:lol::rofl::clap:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Changed the levers for shorter Maguras ... and ... took off the Mechano contraption for the front brake reservoir and changed it for a Magura part similar to the clutch reservoir on the left (only larger). It looks a lot better. Wanted to fit the lowered pegs from the Husky Special Parts list ... but then scraped my original pegs in a curve and realized it might not be a good idea to lower them. So now am finished :headscrat

·
Registered
190 Posts
My next mods are PU kit and different front fender/headlight. Maybe from the SMR :hmmm: Something like that:

Don't know about the service price though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I recently had the bike at the local shop because it wouldn´t start up anymore. Reason for this was a damaged temp sensor, probably because of water.
You might want to wrap some tape around your sensors. (That´s what the mechanic did with the new one on my 630 to prevent this from occuring again...)

Did anyone try some different gearings yet?

·
Registered
67 Posts
... and have put a slipper clutch in. Gotta new 18 x 20 number plate (legal as of this month). Thinking of getting black rims (or if I can find a millionaire widow) ... carbon wheels. And have a MOTY battery!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well.... mine is in for 1st service, de-restricting, arrow cans + ecu, and a 14t front sprocket.
And not to forget, putting in some new bolts for the header heat shields. These keep falling off despite the use of locktite...
Guess I'll have a whole new bike after all this :burnout:
Oh and almost forgot: red plastic tank covers :pimp:
Remind me to put in a pic after the work is done...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got it back!

Arrows plus ecu plus further uncorking! Have to get used a bit again, it is a faster!
Also a 14t front sprocket was to be installed, but these seem not to be available, 43t rear is another option, but that would include a longer chain...
Nothing to worry about for this mom, I'll first try this set-up and see what could be improved, if at all...:D

Oh yes, and got the red plastics covering the fuel tank :)

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1 630 owner in North Carolina, slightly disappointed with stock power. changing exhaust and sprockets when i have the money

·
Registered
53 Posts
... and have put a slipper clutch in. Gotta new 18 x 20 number plate (legal as of this month). Thinking of getting black rims (or if I can find a millionaire widow) ... carbon wheels. And have a MOTY battery!
Which battery did you get? The 4x1 or the 2x2?

I've got one, in San Diego!

1 - 20 of 175 Posts