SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this up in the Street Tarder section, but I figured it really belongs here too. Basically I thought the black plastic fender thing hanging off the bike looked terrible and I fixed that problem within a week of owning the bike. What I did was remove that black plastic junk. Next I cut the white part of the rear fender right under the tailight. I took a trip to Lowes and bought a piece of steel flat stock. Bent it up. Drilled a bunch of holes. Hit it with some bedliner spray and bolted it up. The only other part I used was an old license plate bracket I had laying around off one of my old bikes. For a total cost of less than 5 dollars I think it came out pretty damn good. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Looks good. Nothin fancy, just custom. I have to laugh too because everyone gives me shit about not having a sticker on my plate. Understand it's not required or are you a rebel? lol !! Mod looks great. What's next?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stickers aren't required anymore on the plates. Next thing on the bike is to get the powerup kit installed, then an exhaust is in order. Not too many options yet unless you want to custom fit something.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh and almost forgot. Changing these worthless antenna looking mirrors asap. :lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
what about the chicken strips? :hmmm: :thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
what about the chicken strips? :hmmm: :thumbup:
I bought the bike last week and haven't yet rode it on a dry road. It has rained every single day since I bought my bike. Go figure. But, New bike + wet road + new tires, well you know where Im going with this. Don't worry those will be gone the first nice day I get.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The downtrodden masses in Europe can only stare in wonder. If I even thought of touching the abomination you eliminated, I´d be sent down the salt mines. The plate hangar has to have its own illumination ... and a reflector underneath ... and at the correct angle etc. etc. We are grovelling on our knees out of gratitude that the "authorities" have now permitted a "smaller" (18 x 20cm) number plate since last month. The E3 regulations (that made the pu kit necessary) will soon be replaced by E4. I might as well register for the salt mines voluntarily.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Looks much better, nice and tidy. I made the one on my 510 from 3/4"X1/8" aluminium flat stock and my 690 from 1-1/4"X1/16" alum. That stuff is awsome for simple projects that don't require welding, just a few bends and holes drilled and you have saved $100. I even used steel bar stock to make a front disc brake caliper relocation bracket for a chinese pit bike. That stuff you make yourself for pennies on the dollar is priceless, IMO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will probably end up making another one out of aluminum instead of steel. Just for the rust factor. I just wanted to start with steel because It can be bent and rebent a lot more times without breaking. And there was a lot of rebending. :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just removed the black plastic and bent the white one.. vibrates a lot but whatever :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I see them. I had to zoom in more and put my glasses on. :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just put the plate straight onto the white bit, then i mounted the indicators where the passenger grab rail was.

plus i did this within hours of owning the bike :lol: :thumbup:
Exactly what I did. The only problem is that the police around here doesn't like the angle of the plate if I don't bend the white plastic :rolleyes: Looks better without bending though :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
license plate

I did some plate holder too...

It's even street legal here in Germany :D

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good. Is that a piece for the lights and another for the plate?
Yes. It was easier to use two plates. But should be possible with one also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts