SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a little crash on my smr511 after hitting a pile of gravel on the road at 75kph the bike slid out and hit a tree on the front end and snapped both forks and twisted the triple clamps.
So after a week of healing up i one handed due to fracturing one hand and having a nice chunk out of it started to tear my bike apart to see if it was beyond repair luckily the only damage to the frame was some powder coat flaked off and as a perfectionist heres where the project begins.
so the bike was stripped to a raw frame and sent off to powder coat to be painted with a chrome base and candy red top coat (pics coming soon) so now i have got the frame back looking fantastic i have removed the engine rocker cover and sent that to be painted the same color and the engine head is yet to come out to be painted chrome and both engine side covers are to be candy red coated.
The wiring loom is being redone by me and wrapped in UV red.
New DRC Rad Hoses to go on.
XTrig clamps ordered.
Marzocchi 50mm forks ordered.
ProTaper EVO Reed bend bars 1 1/8" ordered
Husky Gen bling.
Husky Gen 2013 plastics black with one peice tail.
And lots more to come so stay tuned.

Before the crash

ALL WAYS WEAR GEAR!!!

STAY TUNED

Lance Burrows
LBR Motorsports (Australia)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photo quality

Sorry for the poor quality pics in future they will be shot on a 1080p EGO Cam and not with my blury mobile/cell phone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update 2

Hi thought i would just do a little update the frames now powder coated candy red and the engine is being stripped to be painted black with metal flake, engine head white with metal flake and candy red side cases.

I've been waiting on parts but a few came in this morning:

Pro Tapper EVO Reed Bend Bars

XTrig Bar Clamps
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/521641_637734176241873_2046115817_n.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/528218_637734639575160_1131687064_n.jpg[IMG]

XTrig Triple Clamps
[IMG]http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549079_637734919575132_32499816_n.jpg

Power Commander V

Genuine Tank Cap Alloy

These are just quickly taken shots so sorry if there a little blury bike frame pics will be up this afternoon

Lance
LBR Motorsports

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi thought i would just do a little update the frames now powder coated candy red and the engine is being stripped to be painted black with metal flake, engine head white with metal flake and candy red side cases.

I've been waiting on parts but a few came in this morning:

Pro Tapper EVO Reed Bend Bars

XTrig Bar Clamps

XTrig Triple Clamps

Power Commander V

Genuine Tank Cap Alloy

These are just quickly taken shots so sorry if there a little blury bike frame pics will be up this afternoon

Lance
LBR Motorsports
Frame Pics

Engine Rocker Cover

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update 3

So I had a few more parts powder coated and started reassembly.
Black with gold metal flake on the swing arm and sub frame.

More pics coming very soon

Pick up the new marzocchi 50mm tomorrow and swingarm bearings and can see how my engine is going being stripped by the good fellas down at husqvarna couldnt be bothered stripping it myself then the engine cases can go off to powder coat.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daymn! :bowdown:

Nice parts and cool colors. Is that powder or wet paint on the parts? A tad too much bling for me imo, but definitely going to be a head turner!
yeah that powder coat no paint for me i like the durability of powder!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Hey sorry its been a while since I have posted an update!
The engine is almost finished so i will post pics up of it in the bike should be late next week.

Here is the amazing engine:

Here is some pics of the caliper i just finished and the frame staring to be assembled.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
526 Posts
ah, the photos are better now. And your hand looks better. Was that without gloves? (You said "wear gear" - i hope that was not with gloves.)
Is that a sheep in one of the earlier pics? :hmmm:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ah, the photos are better now. And your hand looks better. Was that without gloves? (You said "wear gear" - i hope that was not with gloves.)
Is that a sheep in one of the earlier pics? :hmmm:
Hands much better.
Yeah that was without gloves bad idea not to wear them but lessons learnt and scars to bear!
:lol: no that wasn't a sheep thats my lil dog.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm interested to know too, especially how long it took to realise they're the wrong XTrig clamps.... Just looking at the offset they look like the offroad triples.

Is it going back on the road? What'd you end up doing with the compliance plate on the head stem?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts