SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to check and adjust my throttle position sensor calibration with the Power Commander software but the position value isn’t changing. The stated value is actually less than the stored zero value. First time connecting to it so I may be making a newbie mistake. I did update the firmware thinking that was keeping it from properly communicating with the software. Didn’t help. I am able to pull the map. Just don’t see the throttle position changing. I did not install it. Bought it used with PC already on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would the bike even run if the TPS was bad? Or is the problem in the wiring to the PC III or the PC III itself? Or something I’m doing wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m trying to check and adjust my throttle position sensor calibration with the Power Commander software but the position value isn’t changing. The stated value is actually less than the stored zero value. First time connecting to it so I may be making a newbie mistake. I did update the firmware thinking that was keeping it from properly communicating with the software. Didn’t help. I am able to pull the map. Just don’t see the throttle position changing. I did not install it. Bought it used with PC already on it xender discord omegle .
is the problem in the wiring to the PC III or the PC III itself? Or something I’m doing wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m trying to check and adjust my throttle position sensor calibration with the Power Commander software but the position value isn’t changing. The stated value is actually less than the stored zero value. lambingan pinoy tambayan pinoy First time connecting to it so I may be making a newbie mistake. I did update the firmware thinking that was keeping it from properly communicating with the software. Didn’t help. I am able to pull the map. Just don’t see the throttle position changing. I did not install it. Bought it used with PC already on it.
I'm a bit confused. You say when you calibrate the throttle position the reading is .950 to .970V. That is for idle only, right? What does it yield when you are at full throttle? Should be 4V or so as I recall. My PCIII would read the throttle position when the bike wasn't running but my PCV needs the bike running to read the throttle position. Maybe yours is different due to the different wiring harness, but that doesn't make sense either.

So you installed a zero map in the PCV and tried to start it without success? Then I would guess that your spark plug got too wet and is wet fouled. Check, and follow normal procedure for that case. If you've got a zero map in there it should be like the PCV is not even installed, so the throttle position calibration shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently purchased a powercommander 5 with an autotune module. I've connected everything up according to the manuals (wiretap orange / black wire) and all seems well. I've connected the autotune module to my rear lights for power. Autotune connected to the powercommander. O2 sensor to the autotune. Instructions seem pretty much idiot proof.

When I switch on my rear lights and thus the autotune, the TPS seems to go haywire. When I launch the calibration tool it gives a pretty consistent value somewhere between 0,950 and 0,970, however the % Throttle is jumping around from 40% to 100% and everything in between. This is with the bike not running.

I'm not able to start the bike and it seems it's being flood. I did get it started before but when I shut off the throttle when riding it, it died.

I've got an '08 SM510R with an '09 ECU btw.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Was that bike working properly before you was install that PC 5. Also that PC instructions may be the wrong wire color. When my PC 5 had wrong wire color, cannot remember any more, but you can find more info at google.

Then there can be this problem, write this in here just in case.If you can get it calibrate. You should take it off and test in stock. Are revs jumping itself, can you keep throttle steady. If not your EFI/throttle body is broken.
My bike was doing like this
in this video i keep my throttle steady and still those rev is jumping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts