SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here used the extra jets and needle that came with the bike to rejet their SMR510? If so what worked best, or do i need to buy a jet kit? My bike is de-emissioned, and id like to put a K&N filter with a full Akrapovic system on it. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
608 Posts
whats ur elevation? I will look and see what mine is at. I think they us the red race needle from husky and i forgot what main and etc where but I wrote them down. Let u know when i get home

·
Registered
304 Posts
The JD triple taper needles have transformed about 12 bikes I ride or have ridden so far. I do not keep stock needles and jetting any longer than it takes to get the JD kits anymore, less vibes, more snap and usually within a clip position, if that, from perfect. He has that FCR carb dialed, the stock needles are single taper and do not overlap the circuits as cleanly as the JD, causigng a compromise in the jet selection. Best $75 you can spend on a FCR bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats ur elevation? I will look and see what mine is at. I think they us the red race needle from husky and i forgot what main and etc where but I wrote them down. Let u know when i get home
Im a little above sea level. i think i might buy the JD jet kit, and not have to worry, i was just curious if anyone has used the other needle that came with the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts