SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
New to SMJ so sorry if I fail at this, so bear with me.

I am in the market for a SMR510 and there is a 2010 on CL for 6k and it has 3500 miles.
Ref: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/4114546677.html

It has quite a bit of aftermarket parts and seems to be in fairly good condition.

Should I be worried about 3,500 miles? Or is that still fairly low for a 510?

I have not seen the bike yet because it's 2 hrs drive from where I live so I wanted to see if this was a fair deal or if it is overpriced.

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks you guys.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my '09 510 for quite a bit less than that, in Canadian dollars. Maybe that bike is fairly priced and I got an extremely good deal, or maybe you should try to negotiate it down some, I'll leave that for you to decide. Some more experienced advice from others would help to.

As for the miles, I shouldn't really comment as I just recently got my first husky, but this is the internet so of course I will anyway (that's how the internet works right?). Mine is still under 10,000km right now, but I haven't had a chance to open the motor and see what it looks like, other than checking the valves and they were in spec. Ran great before I brought it inside for the winter, so I wouldn't be worried about 3500 miles, unless they were all at redline in first gear or something stupid like that.

I think I've read online about people having these run for a long time on the street with routine maintenance, but I couldn't tell you exactly where I read that, it was likely on here or another forum. I think with good maintenance, these things should go for quite a while.

They're really nice bikes as far as I can tell, my main problem is mine keeps looking at me from the corner of my room and begging for fancy expensive parts.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. So out of curiosity, how much did you pay for yours and how many kilometers did it have on the ODO?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ended up paying 4800 of our colourful dollars. It had, and still has because I haven't been able to ride, right around 9500km showing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I paid less than that for a mint '10 with only 900 miles this past January. Get your haggle on, son!
Okay thanks guys. I figured it was a bit high but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out on a good deal by "low-balling" the guy. I will definitely offer lower and wait if I have to.

·
Registered
725 Posts

bought a 10 450 smr, with supposedly 486 miles on the clock, but the tire wear tell me it had a shit load more then that. leakdown was good, had george at uptite set the injection properly. i paid 4,800. no xtra's on it other then levers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts