SuperMoto Junkie banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yes, it is clear now. Thanks.

I checked the Sugru thing, and it looks very nice. But the temp resistant is only up to 80 degree celsius, not 180. And i don't know if it will be gasoline resistant. But i definitely try to get some. Thx for suggestion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Sugru is resistant from -50°C (-58°F) to +180°C (356°F). It gets hot and cold but it won't get softer or harder or melt."
Glad I could help.
Let us know!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
oh, ok. There was a mistake on their web somewhere, where it says 80°C. So thx for making things clear. The thing is, i need pretty lot of it, so i can cover whole pipe. I don't think one 8 pack would be enough.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Take your manifold to a local machinist.

Pay the $$$ to get a metal piece shown above made.

Then use the sillicone hose to connect it.

Also make 3 setups and sell them :)

My sm450r went through 2 manifolds in 1 year i owned it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i'm going to do the same. I'll take one i gave for warranty replacement, measure it, give the dimensions to machinist with lathe and i hope he would make it. I'll keep you informed :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi guys,
so finally i worked out my manifold problem. It took a bit of time, cuz i really wanted to try the easiest option possible.

Firstly i tried to use as much glue as possible. After few applications it was so bad, that more glue just didn't help. In the end, it was about 2cm thick. After i removed it to apply new, the metal ring just fell of the manifold, because it was so damaged :headscrat

I was forced to made permanent fix, as BproofRSA suggested before. I drew schematics of the flange, and gave it to machinist. He created great product, but not perfect. I also bought gasoline and temperature resistant hose with as close diameter as possible, but the spigot flange was short, and the hose slipped off when i tighten up the clamp. So i came up with v2.0, and also mechanist himself made some improvements, welded oblique part, which fits accurately to carb, so now the result product looks like this (in the middle):

I mounted all the parts on the bike, it was literally pain in the ass, because i need to press carb towards the airbox in order to create some space for montage. It's also good because it constantly presses the hose forward, and it will not slip off again (spigot also has ''tooth'' on the edge to hold hose in place when tighten up). I had to make the hose more thin, because i was not able to mount screws.

After all that hard work and planning and waiting, it looks like this:

And my whole bike :)

Now it runs as good as with original manifold. Thx everyone for helping. If anybody would have this kind of problem, i hope my solution will help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanx guys :)
i'm still testing it before making longer trips, but it runs really good. Bike again also decently shoots from exhaust as it should (no false air), and its the best music for my ears :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanx guys :)
i'm still testing it before making longer trips, but it runs really good. Bike again also decently shoots from exhaust as it should (no false air), and its the best music for my ears :D

So this same issue happen to me today. After many hours of searching, no one has seemed to manufacture a solution for this issue. Long shot. But you happen to be able to make another metal manifold for purchasee?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i'm sorry bro, currently i don't have an option to made this again. I also sold the bike last year so i don't have any schematics. I recommend you to draw dimensions on paper according to damaged manifold and insipire with my photos above. Then find nearest machinist give him your schematics and ask him to create the manifold. Its not that difficult to made it. Sorry, but i can't help you more :-(

21 - 33 of 33 Posts