SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i had old cracked intake manifold on my Husky, so i ordered original part and replaced it. After 200km my bike was having hard times to start. I noticed the new manifold had small crack on it, so the air was going inside and i couldn't start the engine. I disassembled manifold from bike and it looked like in photos. I returned it in warranty and my local dealer sent me a new spare part. Everything was fine, until about 400km. The manifold cracked again and it looks like the previous one. My dealer said, they only sell original parts, but for me, it looks like fake part. But it came in original husky package with original part number. He also said, that i didn't mount it properly. It's nonsense, because this shouldn't happen even with wrong assembling. There are not many ways how to do it. I also don't see any tension which can cause manifold to crack. I don't understand why is this happening. It looks like its been damaged by fuel, but i'm using regular 95 octane.

Can someone please bring some more light in this sad situation?
Thx :)

sorry for my english

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hi guys, It looks like its been damaged by fuel, but i'm using regular 95 octane.
Hello.
Not sure, if this helps, but to me that is the problem...How much ethanol, you should use at least 98 octane, becouse some rubber parts cannot handle any ethanol, that why i will recommend better fuel in future use

·
Registered
145 Posts
It is just a weak part... My friend has the same bike and the rubber is moving constantly when the engine is idling... You can see it compress and decompress every stroke... The parts should have been made alot thicker!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for answer guys. We don't have 98 octane fuel on every gas station, so i'm not able to buy it everywhere. Second thing is, that i saw here in forums someone with this exact husky running on 91 octane, so in my opinion, fuel is not the problem. I have 4 bikes, but only huskys manifold has problems.

I also think it is weak material, but i bought this manifold as original part also from vendor from another country, and it is the same shitty material as previous ones. I don't know what to do. Maybe, can i use some glue or something to prevent it from cracking? As long as it won't have cracks on the outside, it doesn't matter how it looks inside, what do you think?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have only 95 Natural, Diesel and some special 95 with additives.

That glue is my only option, cuz i won't buy any new manifold if they all are this crappy quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so... long time no see and now i want to post an update. I bought another new and original manifold, and as prevention, I used black polyuretane glue for car windows to protect this rubber from cracking. It is flexible, strong and can survive higher temperatures. I focus to put glue specialy on places where it use to crack.

I've done about 700 kms and this piece of $hit was cracked again. Even the glue has crack on it. How is this possible??? The same thing happened on 4 manifolds, all original parts. I just don't understand. I was very angry, and i just take that black glue and put it all over the manifold, even on the screws and gaps between engine block and manifold. And i will glue it every single time till the doomsday come :bringiton

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
indeed. I'm wondering what material is used on manifold for newer models :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
This was in mind to make this....Some one was same problems as you have
You you can cnc or some metal work to do those "collar" what you called in english those "flange", then get some best rubber tube

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this looks awsome. How can i attach rubber tube to that collar with 3 holes for screws? If i figure this out, perhaps i can make my own manifold.

I will add pictures of my ''emergency solution'' as soon as i have time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats correct schematic picture, but how can i connect the blue part (rubber) to the metal ring with holes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats correct schematic picture, but how can i connect the blue part (rubber) to the metal ring with holes?
You slide the blue silicone hose onto the spigot flange and tighten up your hose clamp. The picture is showing the arrangement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i understand you, but this is how mine looks like:

so how can i put hose onto that thin blue metal ring?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey iTuxx,

I suggest you to try 'Sugru'. I am not sponsored or anything by them but I found their invention pretty handy.
It's like a playdoh stuff that becomes rubber after about 12hrs, but it's better to leave it 24hrs to cure.
Heat resistant up to 180degrees celcius.
Hope this will help.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts