SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SMJ Fall Rally at the Gap - and surrounding areas. Oct. 6th-10th.

Ding ding! Round 2!!

Since so many people showed up this year, we need to find a group rate at a lodge near the Gap. Closer to WNC area for better riding.

Any ideas?

We can get a killer deal if anyoe is willing to put a deposit down. I will start looking.

Great turnout this year. Sorry I missed so many by leaving early. This fall will be different. Let's do it big!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
SMJ Fall Rally at the Gap - and surrounding areas. Oct. 6th-10th.

Ding ding! Round 2!!

Since so many people showed up this year, we need to find a group rate at a lodge near the Gap. Closer to WNC area for better riding.

Any ideas?

We can get a killer deal if anyoe is willing to put a deposit down. I will start looking.

Great turnout this year. Sorry I missed so many by leaving early. This fall will be different. Let's do it big!
I was already thinking about a Oct date , this may work .:thumbup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
YES!

I was super bummed I couldn't make the last run down there. If there's a fall ride, I'll definitely be ready!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There were 5000 posts about a date last time. So I dropped the nuts and say 6th - 10th. I will be off. It's our anniversary the week before, so we will go to Gatlinburg. Then to the Gap'ish, for the rally. IF we get 2 cabins somewhere that sleep 8 for $150 a pop, that's $20 per person. I will find a place with RV hook ups. I am pulling my RV next time. So it should be easy. Give me a few days to find options, then we vote, then deposits will be needed. I will bring ez-up tents, and all the stuff to have big cook outs at night.

I am dead nuts serious about this. I might even bring 3 or 4 kegs too.

I have everything we need, tables, big jambalya pots. A keg rig that keeps beer ice cold. Portable grills, plenty tanks. All yall have to do is show up, and pitch in a little for the food. Beer is on me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The date sounds good and as for the lo-cal...imo HPIGUY-LAND would get my vote ,because of the "central' riding location in the area 250-300 miles + of the best twisty's around in the WNC/TN/N.Ga/Upper SC area and you can ride all day in any of the 4 area's with nary a popo ,much less pirates around every turn...also better BBQ around as well...NOT beatin on the gap ,but gettin in some "clean passes" w/no leo's or pirates is impossible there until the leaf people are gone at the end of october...pull up a google map of the HPIGUY-LAND area and you can see what i mean about the riding = ALL good ,ALL day long...

It was good to meet the FL guy's/Tdog and the crew from SC and michigan + rocky top rider/kinada/bacon and the gap crew...Dirttrack 33 quit scaring the Ducati poser's and cutting off the pirates at the pumps LOL! BTW Bob said that the leatherwood racing sticker was worth +5 hp on wheelers lazy dyno! see you and Suzy soon and last but no means least...muddauber this time the "apple pie" is on me.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The date sounds good and as for the lo-cal...imo Franklin would get my vote ,because of the "central' riding location in the area 250-300 miles + of the best twisty's around in the WNC/TN/N.Ga/Upper SC area and you can ride all day in any of the 4 area's with nary a popo ,much less pirates around every turn...also better BBQ around as well...NOT dissin the gap ,but gettin in some "clean passes" w/no leo's or pirates is impossible there until the leaf people are gone at the end of october...pull up a google map of the Franklin area and you can see what i mean about the riding = ALL good ,ALL day long...

It was good to meet the FL guy's/Tdog and the crew from SC and michigan + rocky top rider/kinada/bacon and the gap crew...Dirttrack 33 quit scaring the Ducati poser's and cutting off the pirates at the pumps LOL! BTW Bob said that the leatherwood racing sticker was worth +5 hp on wheelers lazy dyno! see you and Suzy soon and last but no means least...muddauber this time the "apple pie" is on me.
Sounds good to me. Thats why I said Gap'ish.

Hey man, I want some of that "apple-pie" too. I have a jar of it at home.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Sounds good to me. Thats why I said Gap'ish.

Hey man, I want some of that "apple-pie" too. I have a jar of it at home.
No problem on the "pie' it comes in assorted flavors.:D

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Pie, did somebody say pie? Gotta get me one o' them stickers for that girls bike of mine :D, I need all the help I can get with all the exotic hardware that was running around last week. October sounds about right, provided the leaves aren't peaked yet, it should be just about perfect.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll bring a keg of coors/ or miller light, bud light and a local fav here that all of you need to try. Abita Amber.....

Haha! This fall is going to be easy to get people to come. Since so many people showed up and had a great time. If you live 12 hours away. You ned to make it. It's really worth it.

Alarka and I are coming up with a camping ground in Franklin, NC. Endless miles like the Gap, with no LEO's. Plus it's by the Gap so we can still make a showing there.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I've never wanted to wish away a summer so bad. Word to the wise, bring a good sleeping bag. Temps here in October at night can range anywhere from high 40's to high 20's, compounded with ummm, apple pie in your veins, and being surrounded by water here, you'll freeze your ass off. :D

How about Rose Creek for camping? It's centrally located for everything.

http://www.rosecreekcamp.com/

Here's a map of it

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My RV sleeps 5. 2 bunk beds, our bed and a fold out couch. And I am sur 2 more could fit on the floor in sleeping bags.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'm taking that week off of work. Any trails to ride near there if I bring my knobbies too? I'll send a campground deposit when it's needed. And bring your pitbikes!

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
1 - 20 of 415 Posts