SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going to VIR this weekend (May 22-23, 2021) for the SMEC race? This will be my first time racing my DRZ, and am mainly interested in learning the basics on Saturday, even if I finish DFL on Sunday.

(image for attention)
(

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I am not but VIR is a fun track. My drz did great there. Are they running dirt? I imagine the dirt section is pretty bad from lack of use. After we built it in like 2014 all the big bikes stopped riding there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not but VIR is a fun track. My drz did great there. Are they running dirt? I imagine the dirt section is pretty bad from lack of use. After we built it in like 2014 all the big bikes stopped riding there.

They had dirt and it was excellent! I'd never come off the ground before that weekend, but I ended up clearing (3) of the jumps (and rolling the rest).

I got a few shots from my drone during other classes' races.
ScreenCap-02.jpg
ScreenCap-03.jpg

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Awesome. They changed the layout since last I rode it. Was a tabletop. Then double double. That last double looks like they just took out the landing and takeoff in the middle and made yhe run up longer.

Who was running the even? Marco and jay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put together a short edit of my weekend. The experience was great, and everyone involved was completely welcoming. What a great community of riders!

Feel free to subscribe. I know I'll be attending OVRP in August, and almost certainly post some other content between now and then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts