SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
For some reason I can only upload one picture :headscrat

My 2010 KTM 690 SMC - had it a few weeks now, and loving every second on it :bannana:

Mods:
-Evo 1 Mapping
-Evo Stage 1 airbox lid
-Akrapovic Slip-on
-Orange RFX Hardware footpegs and gear shifter
-Orange Zeta head stock nut and oil filler cap
-Engine and chassis bolt kit
-Orange engine plug
-Bar End Mirros
-KTM orange reservoir covers
-Crash bobbins and sliders
-R&G exhaust slider
-Orange fork bleeders and SXS adjusters
-KTM orange rear brake lever tip
-Bash plate
-15/42 gearing
-Orange oil filter covers
-Custom number board graphics (Crispydesigns)

Think thats it.

Attachments

· Registered
289 Posts
For some reason the pic isn't viewable. Bet it's a nice bike. How does the rfx gearshifter fit on?
Same as the original. Slides on to the splined shaft. The anodising soon rubs off though and it very hardwearing on the boot.

· Registered
289 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Tri-colour 690 SMC

Here's my 690 :D

When I got it

Then the orange bug bit me (Thank you to Crispy Designs for the numberboards)

Then I got full orange plastics

Now I've got full black plastics just waiting for front mudguard (my trackday panels) :D

Just finished putting the pod filter on today, and disconnected the SAS.

Hopefully will have some decals on the black panels soon.

· Registered
289 Posts
Is it a big difference to block the SAS things?

"Some don't like the idea of another electronic thing that can choke your bike leading to stalling issues/inoperability. Also, some FI maps may not even sense it hence there's no point for it (I'm not 100% sure on which ones). Lastly, if you change the exhaust and no longer have a catalytic convertor - you don't need an SAS."

Quoted from ADVrider

Taken from the ktm950 website.

"Don't do like many folks do and confuse the Evaporative Canister with the Supplemental Air System (SLS). They are two seperate, non-interconnected emissions systems. The SLS (AKA SAS) is a passive system that allows fresh air into the exhaust manifold downstream of but near the exhaust valve. It raises the oxygen percentage of the exhaust gas and aids the Catalytic Converter (CAT) in reducing NOX ( nitric oxide (NO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) ) emissions to the atmosphere. Removing or disabling it has little immediate effect one way or the other on engine running or performance. Albeit, it does reduce one source of vacuum leaks over time. It does, however, reduce the CAT's effectiveness at reducing NOX, and over time will cause them to fail prematurely. It is ill advised to remove/disable the SLS without removing the CATs or installing aftermarket non-CAT exhaust cans, as the gains are minimal. Especially on the FI equiped bikes."

· Registered
289 Posts
Nice bike but wth is that circle thing on the right engine mout
Road tax. In the UK you have to pay the government to go on the road :mad: One payment each year, usually on the date the bike was registered. The disc is there to prove I have paid for it, if I get pulled over by the police.

· Registered
289 Posts
£270 a year!?!? I thought £76 a year was extortion. Same thing over here, as soon as they run the plate all the vehicle details pop up on their computer screen, don't ask how I know :anim_peep:

· Registered
289 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts