SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just bought 2012 smc 690 r. Wanna make some stunt stuff(for some hooligan street use), because for track i use BMW s1000rr 2015 and Honda crf 450 (supermoto build).
The first thing i decided to make is: FMF exhaust, K&N filter and ofcourse remap.It wasnt a big problem...
The second thing is: handbrake with 4 cilinder caliper..but it's a big problem because i can't find any ready solution for put second caliper on this bike, especially in Russia. Brembo brake caliper support it's hard to make by yourself, even on a milling machine without pro drawing. So i decided to weld a piece of aluminium on a stock brake caliper( working on it now, ).
Sorry if my english is bad )))

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Privet, and post up pics of your bike!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So this is my bike, just installed FMF exhaust and K&N filter!

More i want to order some graphics from www.race-styles.com, but i don't can they send em to Russia..

And of course my bike stays on carpet...Russian style ))))

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HandBrake

And this is how i decided to make brake caliper support.. as i asked i can't find any ready solution for this stuff, so i decided to weld it..

For master cilinder i use Magura 13mm (actually i use right side master cilinder, but there is no difference)

Tree plate is a model for place the caliper right, now i will make it of aluminium (which is possible to weld, because i don't really know what kinda alum is used in stock brembo caliper support).

By the way stock brembo caliper support is good for welding (you can see it on photo, this how i checked can it be welded or not)..

As you see this year bike don't have ABS, and i have solved to cut off a place for fastening ABS sensor, for more welding place!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Looks good! What part of Russia are you in, my gf is from Donetsk. She rides a motard also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From Moscow!)
Moscow is a crazy place - good kind of crazy. I lived there for 3 years specifically in Frunzenskaya area. My hat off to you for being able to ride a bike in that traffic. But if you're going to ride, then a supermoto is the way to go due to the bad roads and quick steerings. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts