SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this from a guy that makes dirt track exhaust and he owned a 690 smc so he built one for his bike. It's bigger diameter from head to mid and tapers up to a reverse megaphone supertrapp tunable end. Fit was perfect, welds were perfect. I rode up the street and first impressions on sound were quietier than my leo without the quiet core insert on acceleration but louder on decel. It's a one off exhaust, got it for a great price,builder has been making dirt track exhausts for 20 years and built it to perform for mid to over rev. I'm racing in two weeks in Texas so it ought to be fun testing this out.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
dude i kept seeing this on ebay and i kept wondering about this!! im stoked you bought it so now i will finally know what it performs like!

hats off to your new purchase dude!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wouldn't pull the price on ebay so I contacted the seller and we made a deal, should perform quite well for what I do, hauling ass:D
I leave for Texas in 4 doors for a weekend of racing, I'm taking my old exhaust just in case, I always bring my old setup when a change is made, I will post up the outcome.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Results were very successful, exhaust flowed better, it would hit the rev limitier faster than before,sounded great but loud, only thing I'm doing is have my oem heat guards welded to protect my boot and maybe shortening the end a couple of inches so crash damage will be kept to a minimum. Very happy with the exhaust and it's a one off, i like different.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
one offs are the bomb... and glad it made all the difference for you!!

you need to get that thing on the dyno so we can see how many ponies it has going on under ther as everything you do to it makes it that much better! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe this winter, I'm going 105.5 mm piston and the evo cam. Not really a numbers guy , just it if runs faster. It will be 699cc's and my class limit is 700.
one offs are the bomb... and glad it made all the difference for you!!

you need to get that thing on the dyno so we can see how many ponies it has going on under ther as everything you do to it makes it that much better! :thumbup:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Maybe this winter, I'm going 105.5 mm piston and the evo cam. Not really a numbers guy , just it if runs faster. It will be 699cc's and my class limit is 700.
if I can actually work through most of this year my plan was also to do a big bore piston this winter. Not looking good though, damn economy just isn't cooperating :headshake

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plus I'm going with 12.5 or 13 on compression. OEM is 11.8

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Now this is what I keep contemplating!! I just don't have the means to adjust the mapping and stuff for this kinda mod :(

And screw winter...... DO IT NOW!!! haha

And then write me up a "how too" ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just get a vortex,piston and cam and install them:D
Don't want to pull my bike apart now, I have a 35 points lead in the Unlimited Motard class racing with the CMRA with three races left and I want to WIN!!! I don't want any problems that might prevent this from happening.
Plus I'm waiting on the evo cam that has been on backorder, but did get a call and they are on their way now.
Now this is what I keep contemplating!! I just don't have the means to adjust the mapping and stuff for this kinda mod :(

And screw winter...... DO IT NOW!!! haha

And then write me up a "how too" ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is a pic from this last weekend, I call it "THE STARE DOWN"
The mighty KTM whooped up on the Aprillia.
Pic from Eagles Canyon Raceway in Decatur Texas, temp was around 105.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sweet staredown! That's an important racing skill.

Are the yellow plates for amatuer class, or are you expert?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just get a vortex,piston and cam and install them:D
Don't want to pull my bike apart now, I have a 35 points lead in the Unlimited Motard class racing with the CMRA with three races left and I want to WIN!!! I don't want any problems that might prevent this from happening.
Plus I'm waiting on the evo cam that has been on backorder, but did get a call and they are on their way now.
hahah easily done eh??

and i really dont know about the vortex ecu, seems waaaaaay too much money for what little you get out of it, if it was easily customizable then id get it but you cant map it yourself :(

and how much is the piston and cam?... do you have a link for the piston?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First year racing there so I'm a novice, they didn't acknowledge my other license. I will be bumped to expert next year or if you won a class you are an expert. My class doesn't separate expert or novices either.
Sweet staredown! That's an important racing skill.

Are the yellow plates for amatuer class, or are you expert?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cam is 176.00 and a piston is 200.00, piston is gonna be a worsner or JE
hahah easily done eh??

and i really dont know about the vortex ecu, seems waaaaaay too much money for what little you get out of it, if it was easily customizable then id get it but you cant map it yourself :(

and how much is the piston and cam?... do you have a link for the piston?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
cam is 176.00 and a piston is 200.00, piston is gonna be a worsner or JE
Thanks dude! What are you expecting to get out of these mods?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a faster bike, going higher comp also will help with performance, not going superhigh, 13/1 at the highest so I can still around 98 octane. This should be the end of my mods, don't want to blow her up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts