SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps
i was out yesterday on my husky and it was running fine. got home turned her off and put her away for the nite. got up this morning wheeled her out ready and pressed the start buton and she turned over but didnt fire up! now iv changed the plug for a new one and i can smell gas from the carb, there is power to the startermotor and piston is moving so i guess that everything is fine in that department. so iv gone back to the sparkplug side of things and tested for spark and thats where iv got the problem, she's lost her spark! iv tested the reg/rec and everything is ok there, tested the coil and i have a reading on my multi-meter telling me that some power is going through. put new HT lead on and still nothing. can anyone help? would it be the HT cap? or would it be that my coil is naf?
please help
regaurds

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had the reg/rec checked out today by a local mechanic and it fine. i think that i might have been blind :headshake i forget that the alarm on it has a immobilizer so im going to get that checked out b4 this thread gos any futher.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im sorry to say but yes. supermoto's are very sort after bikes where i live and the teenagers are very light fingered:arsenal. hence why its belled up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well just a update on my sick husky....
the mechanic has tested everything and has told me that the stator has packed up and has quoted me £380 for a new one and thats without his costs for picking it up and labour.
iv spoken to someone that use to race MX on a husky and he said that he was out on his on a saturday got home preped it ready for a race on the sunday. when he got to the race he got it out of the van, went to start it and nothing. when he stripped it down he found that the stator was knacked. as anyone had this happen to them on a husky?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a call today saying that i can pick the stator back up from being re-wound, cost me £90 to get it re-wound and shipping. once id picked it up i took it straight to the mechanic and he's gonna get it done asap.
keep ya posted

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
latest update...i got a call about 4.45pm today saying that ithe mechanic has finished with my 610 and that i can go and pick her up. well that was it, got lid and jacket and set off to collect her. got down to handing the cash over. the cost for him to collect, diagnose, strip, rebuild cost me £88. so the whole job cost me £178 to get her back on road:D
if i didnt get the stator re-wound myself and got a new one just for the new stator was costing me £370 then i wound of had to pay the £88 for mechanic total cost £458.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts