SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! I've been itching for a supermoto lately and have looking primarily at Huskys.

Does anybody here have experience with both the 510 and 610?

I know the 510 would require more maintanence, but I love the look and lighter weight of it. I would primarily be using it for work commuting 15 miles each way with average speed around 50mph and weekend fun rides.

How much more commuter freidly is the 610 over the 510?

Currently I have a Z1000 that I use for this, but having primarilly ridden dirt bikes before ever getting the Z and the occational neighbor hood run on my CRF450R makes me lust for a sumo

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'll do some more searching. I guess I keep coming up with the answer for me being the 610, but was still left wondering about the new 08's with FI. I did see one post where somebody mentioned the 08 510 being more street friendly with the FI and cooling fan.

I'm off to do some more searching.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had a 610 for year and now keep a 06 SMR450 for fun. I'd steer you to the 510/450 unless you were planning alot of highway trips. I commute 25 miles each way, 50% at 70-75 and run +1 on the CS. It is fine and will still rip up the front wheel in 1, 2 and 3rd gears. Stock it'll throttle wheelie in 4th!!!

On either you need a better headlight, on the 610 you have plenty of juice for just about anything, the new 510 you'd probably want a low draw HID, the seats on both SUCK, Renazco Racing is the cure, the brakes on the 610 are good, the 510, insane!

Keep the oil fresh and the bike moving in traffic and you'll get by just fine on the 510!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts