SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, I've been looking at getting myself on of the older style (late 90's early 00's) Husky SM610's when I pass my full test (UK) and I wanted to find out what one of these is like to run on a day to day basis. I'm not really concerned with servicing intervals, I'm more than happy to do them myself, whatever the work may entail. Your advice is much appreciated, cheers guys!

·
Registered
316 Posts
as far as im aware theyre pretty friendly, 3k intervals or so. people will always like to do them more often though. i dont think youll find any problems with one, apart from usage due to age.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that buddy, much needed info, nowhere seems to say what the bike is like to live with, people just tend to say 'yeah its great fun to ride' etc, never really commenting on servicing, general maintenance etc.

Sounds like I'm pretty well set :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's pretty relatively low maintenance. I change oil & main filter every 2500-3000 or so, and clean the left bag filter every other oil change. I've got a little over 12,000 miles on mine now, and need to do the timing chain shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts