SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish riding today and i pulled up to my buddys shop and hung out for a bit. Then i tried to start it up and it turned over like 2 times then made a click noise and now thats all its doing when i try to turn it over. its not the battery i tryed to jump the bike and no lucky. PLEASE HELP. Its been a sad day ):

·
Registered
95 Posts
Leave the car (other vehicle) running with the jumping cables hooked up to your bike battery for like 15 min, and then try to start it with the cables connected. Get nice thick gauge cables.

When you bump start it, do it on an asphalt road, do it in 2nd gear (or even 3rd), and jump down on the bike just as you let the clutch go.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Leave the car (other vehicle) running with the jumping cables hooked up to your bike battery for like 15 min, and then try to start it with the cables connected. Get nice thick gauge cables.

When you bump start it, do it on an asphalt road, do it in 2nd gear (or even 3rd), and jump down on the bike just as you let the clutch go.

I agree with this. +1

Also, try disconnecting the battery cables completely then putting them back on. We need to make sure your ground is actually connected well before moving on to other possibilites.

Make sure you do the "jump down on the bike just as you let the clutch go" in second or 3rd gear. Tell us how the bike reacts to this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good point by FnSquirrel.

Make sure that the main (thick) wires have good contact directly with the battery terminals. Any other wires (for aftermarket dash, temp. gauges, power commanders, etc.) must be hooked on top of the main wires. I've seen this before - a guy had his power commander wires hooked under the main wires and was giving him issues.

Obviously, the bike ran well, then something stupid happened and it did not want to turn over. You are looking for something stupid. (it should not be a fuse if it's clicking, right?).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts