SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick review from my first ride:

Cons:

1. Cheese grator for a seat, this comming from a guy who thought the RC51 seat was fine.

2. Big surprise not fast in a str8 line

3. Finding neutral isn't easy (hopefully this gets better as the internals seat)

Pros:

1. So light 314lbs. dry is awesome. (not sm510R light @ 260lbs.)

2. Transitions are a breeze, the same corners and elevation changes whould put my RC51 into knots, not so here.

3. Brakes are phenominal stops so quick you have to throw out all your old braking markers.

4. You carry much better corner speed, on public roads you don't really have to brake at all. A tiny bit of compression braking was all that was ever neded.

5. Corner entry simply roll forward on the throttle at the apex open it up. No worries of over powering the rear. Just steer with the throttle, if the front became light it never seemed to mind just look where you wanna go bike hunts. Not even a shimmy at the bars.

I didn't feel like I was pushing it but there was a guy behind be for about 30miles on a ZX-6R who gave chase. I wasn't "racing him" but I do think he was trying to catch me. He never did, actually I lost him for a few miles and didn't see him again until we got to the border check point. Where he performed the incredible shrinking motorcycle act once again.

So far I'm blown away. :thumbup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
it's funny, but every time i let someone ride my husky, they're stunned at how good the bike really is. i feel like some days i'm doing more to sell these bikes than husqvarna is. :)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
2. Big surprise not fast in a str8 line
Does that 610 have a powerup kit? Getting the FI straightened out so it meets your standards and not the EPA will help things. A slip on or full system will help uncork things too. There is a lot more power waiting to be unleashed. It will be pretty cool to here how the carb bikes perform next to the FI's, if someone has access to both bikes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
After about 400-600 miles of break in,my 08 has really started to wake up. Threw a Leo slip-on, its even better now. Next will be the remapping or PCIII if one shows up soon. Yes, the seat still sucks though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a slip on Leo Vince arriving by mid next week.

Next I'd like to find a quick turn throttle and some brush guards. I've heard I may need to get shorty levers too for them to fit.

http://www.ferracci.com/ says they accomodate but its not listed for te 610 on the powercommander site. So, more research.

Does that 610 have a powerup kit? Getting the FI straightened out so it meets your standards and not the EPA will help things. A slip on or full system will help uncork things too. There is a lot more power waiting to be unleashed. It will be pretty cool to here how the carb bikes perform next to the FI's, if someone has access to both bikes?

·
Registered
147 Posts
i'm hearing mention of "dialing in the FI" but not getting much real info, what needs to be sorted with them?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock the Fi is fine, but with the addition of hop up parts it will become a factor at some point.
I'm only hoping that the slip on I ordered goes without the need for Fi manipulation.

i'm hearing mention of "dialing in the FI" but not getting much real info, what needs to be sorted with them?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I don't know of a stutter issue with the FI bikes? It would be good to know if so, because it would point to something other than the fuel delivery.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes the ibeat software costs about $700 and you can run it on a laptop. You can then call Ferracci he will walk you through the tune. From what I understand its what alot of the dealers are doing rather than send a tech to school to train. It actually makes adjustments to the fuel map so I dont think you can plug values in and see what happens.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is no stutter, the Fi on the 610 is as good as I've ever seen.

Anyone know where I can get a 1/5 turn throttle for the 610?

I don't know of a stutter issue with the FI bikes? It would be good to know if so, because it would point to something other than the fuel delivery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts